Replacement cargo doors

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I'm looking for the name of the place near Double D RV Salvage that is supposed to have all kinds of RV compartment doors. I'll need to replace the large basement door on the ODS due water damage from poor drainage.

jnbhobe

I may have a whole set of doors upstairs in the garage but I'm in Illinois right now. I'll check when I get home next week, if you haven't found what you need.

JohnDar

I may have a whole set of doors upstairs in the garage but I'm in Illinois right now. I'll check when I get home next week, if you haven't found what you need.

Thanks, Jon, but it looks like Bontrager's might have what I need (based on the website photos). They're about a 3 hour drive from my house, so I think I'll give them a call next week and maybe take a run down there in the near future before the snow flies.

- - - Updated - - -

Found it John. Bontrager's Surplus R.V supplies. http://Bontragers.com. It's in white pigeon mich. Closed Saturday but open Sunday.

Thanks!! I had them on my favorites list from some time in the distant past but forgot them.

etcmss

I'm about 30 miles south of Lexington (I-64) and about 45 miles from I-75 Richmond/Berea/Mt Vernon.
the door inside dimensions are 24 x 58. 1 inch lip all the way around. In most of these the door material can be replaced if the frame is in good condition. I think I got some covering material from Menards (like Lowe's/Home Depot).

JohnDar

Finally got around to calling Bontrager's about the doors. Although they can't match their inventory based on the Elixir Industries numbers on them, they did try locating them in their inventory based on the sizes and call me back. No luck, they don't have them.

JohnDar

And just got an email from HL that Elixir doors are no longer available. So, what are they using in the same sizes, I asked. Or have they completely changed all of the compartment door panel dimensions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnDar

HL has replied that the slam doors they now use are different dimensions, so I'm out of luck there.

Jon Holbert was kind enough to give me a call today in response to my PM to him and he just may have what I need. We'll know next week when he gets back home and can measure them.