Big Horn and Big Country - MCD Day/Night Shades.

Bohemian

We just came back from the Hershey show. We focused only on Heartland Big Horn as that is our solidly planned purchase (as soon as the house is sold). We liked almost all the 2016 changes we saw. One thing stuck out that we did not like. Big Horn and Big Country now come with MCD Night Shades ONLY. The salesman said the Day/Night Shades were NOT available.

We really hope that Heartland has a Day/Night Shade option. If they are not factory available le and there is no GOOD way to have the dealer upgrade for a reasonable look, function, and price, then it would be really, really bad.

pegmikef

I did not know that and it just doesn't sound correct unless they have changed it. I have seen a couple of BHs and Landmarks and they have had both day and night shades although I think I read that the bedroom only had the night shades. I would give MCD a call and see if it is possible to add the day shades for a reasonable cost. I know that the mounting bracket is different because it has to accommodate two rollers, with one shade above the other.

http://mcdinnovations.com

Bohemian

I did not know that and it just doesn't sound correct unless they have changed it. I have seen a couple of BHs and Landmarks and they have had both day and night shades although I think I read that the bedroom only had the night shades. I would give MCD a call and see if it is possible to add the day shades for a reasonable cost. I know that the mounting bracket is different because it has to accommodate two rollers, with one shade above the other.

http://mcdinnovations.com

Yes, just saw/heard his for the first time at the show. I can't conceive that there is no option, but ...I have known salesmen to be wrong before this. I hope this one was wrong.

eddies26

We were at Hershey yesterday and asked the same question and the heartland reps were there. This was pertaining to cyclones though. In regards to those we were told (by the heartland rep) they could order them but not install them on the cyclone. Not sure if that helps since it was for cyclones bit it was their response.

Bohemian

We have the 2016 bighorn with day and night shades it came with it ....

Yes, I expected the Bighorns at the Hershey show to have MCD day/night shades. However, they had only MCD night shades and the salesman said MCD day/night shades were not available le from the factory anymore. I hope that is not true. Same for the Big Countrys.

sjandbj

We have a 2015 Big country and one of the main features in our decision was the day/night blinds. It would be a big shame to remove them as an option. Just my opinion. Are they still available on the Landmark 365? If so maybe they are trying to separate the lines. If so that could come back and bite them in the a**.

Bohemian

We have a 2015 Big country and one of the main features in our decision was the day/night blinds. It would be a big shame to remove them as an option. Just my opinion. Are they still available on the Landmark 365? If so maybe they are trying to separate the lines. If so that could come back and bite them in the a**.

All the Landmarks at the Hershey show had the MCD day/night shades. All the Bighorns and all the Big Countrys had the MCD night only shades.

AAdams

Unless they just changed the specs, our '16 BH3750FL came with MCD day/night shades. Our unit has manufacture date of 4/1/15. I would call the Heartland or better yet e-mail them ( documentation ). I used the e-mail on the last unit we had and when it didn't come like they said Heartland stepped up and corrected it to our satisfaction. ( we ordered the unit on the day we got the e-mail, no time for " we changed since then " )

Bohemian

Unless they just changed the specs, our '16 BH3750FL came with MCD day/night shades. Our unit has manufacture date of 4/1/15. I would call the Heartland or better yet e-mail them ( documentation ). I used the e-mail on the last unit we had and when it didn't come like they said Heartland stepped up and corrected it to our satisfaction. ( we ordered the unit on the day we got the e-mail, no time for " we changed since then " )

I am waiting for the specs and options sheets that will be posted here very soon.

'Lil Guy'

They had the day night shades on the 2016 BH3270RS we looked at and it's listed on the one we ordered. I hope they do come with it. Really like the feature.

donr827

You could call HL customer service and ask for the BH brand manager. He can give you all the information about off sheet options and what is standard.
Don

Bohemian

This has occurred with the new changes. One thing I noticed is the lamp over the kitchen sink. If you have the drum shaped, "basket weave" lamp over the sink, you are before the changes. The new lamp over the sink is a cone shaped grayish metal lamp.

Last edited:

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We were in a "new" Bighorn at the Dallas RV Show, unfortunately it was the first rig we looked at that day and now I can't recall many of the differences. A few I do recall, different hanging lamps, more of an industrial metal style. And a tile-like backsplash with unusually mottled looking tile. Wish I had thought to take pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk