tires on bighorn 3600re

janitor1

:mad: call the factory last week at heartland and was informed that my unit would be coming with good-year tires , today I got a email from the dealer telling me that if I want the good-years that I would have to pay $600.00 bucks for them

I was a bit confused so I called the factory again and the person there told me that he made a mistake and I would be getting these tires instead

I think its kind of bad business to tell you one thing and you get another

dealing with heartland and my dealer are not giving me a good felling maybe since I haven’t paid for my unit it might be time to rethink the purchase

I am asking if anyone has these tires or do you know anyone that has them if so are they any good I need some info on them

http://www.tireco.com/Product_Detail.asp?CateID=23&LineID=9&ProductID=452

StevieWonder

Just my opinion, but you're going to get the Chinese tires on almost any new trailer from any manufacturer of your choice. Your dealer might be misinformed but I'd stick with the quality trailer that you'll get from Heartland and upgrade to the Goodyear tires. It's well worth the $100 per tire upgrade price for the peace of mind coming from not having to worry about the Chinese tire bombs.

N9MB

Janitor

I ordered the Goodyears and they were a $600 option which is a bargain considering you get 5 G614 tires for that amount. I was told by my dealer that the Goodyears are standard only on the Landmarks. Pretty cheap insurance if you ask me.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Janitor1...I see on the RV.net forum where you've come to an agreement with Heartland about your tires. However, one thing confuses me...you said your 3600RE is going to have Goodyear Marathons on it. Is that correct? I know your rig will require G load tires, and I don't think they have that in Marathons...could it be it will come with the Goodyear G614's?

By the way, glad Heartland worked with you to remedy this situation...great company, great people!!!

Uncle Rog

I concur with the giant, pay the 6 bills and head off into the sunset with a smile on your face and a TPMS on your tires........................

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
I am going to second StevieWonder. Take the cheapest tires you can get...and then head for Firestone or Goodyear and replace the trailer tires. You're just beating you head against the wall. The $$$ spent is great for peace of mind.

janitor1

I'm happy to say that the issue has been resolved. I've e-mailed back and forth with a couple of the top guys at Heartland and they have really worked with me to make me happy. My Bighorn will be coming with the Goodyear tires! I am very pleased with the service I've been getting from Heartland overall.

janitor1

I would like to clear a few things up about this story.

When I was buying the trailer I asked a lot a questions it is one of the biggest purchases I have made besides my house, so it is very important to me to, and I wanted a quality camper for a reasonable price. That’s why I went the Heartland product. I have heard many good things about their products and about the company helping their customers before and after the sale.

The story behind this whole thread was a lot of things and a lot of misunderstanding.

When I went though the process of ordering what I wanted I was never given an option for tires. You can look at their brochure and there is no option for tires(they need to put one in). If I would have known then that I could have ordered the Goodyear tires, there wouldn’t have been a problem, as I would have just added that option to the other options I was ordering to my unit. A couple days after I ordered, I called my dealer and asked him what the total price for the trailer was so I could figure out the sales tax and license because I was taking out a home equity loan to pay for it. Also at that time, I asked my dealer what tires would be on the unit and about the new pop-up TV option in the rear of the trailer. He sent me an e-mail about the total price for the trailer, but and he never got back to me about the tires or the TV option, so I called Heartland to find out about these things.

The person I called at Heartland seems to be a stand up guy, was very nice to me on the phone and gave me an answer right away on the tires and TV and sent me some pictures of the new TV setup. The problem was that he mistakenly told me that the tires were Goodyear tires, when they were actually the freestar tires. I was very satisfied since he told me there were Goodyear tires coming with my trailer (I attached that e-mail in my thread) so as far as I was concerned I went ahead with my loan.

About a week later I got an e-mail from my dealer telling me that for $600.00 dollars I can get Goodyear tires on it. I was confused and upset, knowing that I had already gotten the loan and didn’t want to have to pay any extra for tires, and was upset that I was being told 2 different things. I told myself I would look up freestar tires and see if they were any good and maybe I would just go with them, but as you can see with my attachment I was like WOW - I don’t know about you but one single blow out on tires would concern me some people say that the odds of your tires blowing out are low, well tell that to the guy who gets a blow out and causes a large amount of damage to his trailer that will cost him a lot of money and for someone who gets killed. As far as I am concerned there should be no blow outs. Didn’t ford have to recall how many firestone tires?

So that was my situation and that’s my story. Well, Heartland has cleared everything up regarding the tires, treated me very well, I have no more problems and will be getting the Goodyear tires. Overall, the company has treated me very well. I am not worried at all. All companies should be as good as Heartland to stand behind their products and treat their customers like they have treated me. Thanks Heartland.