Second Gray Tank

I've been in our 396 for four days now and I have my second gray tank is full, but it won't empty. The other gray tank and both black tanks empty just fine, but this one won't do anything. I need help.

danemayer

Hi ZachandTonya,

Congratulations on the new Torque and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

From looking at the floor plan, I'd guess you might have 2 black tanks and 2 gray tanks. They all probably have separate pull handles. Have you located all 4?

If so, what happens when you pull that 4th handle?

Hi ZachandTonya,

Congratulations on the new Torque and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

From looking at the floor plan, I'd guess you might have 2 black tanks and 2 gray tanks. They all probably have separate pull handles. Have you located all 4?

If so, what happens when you pull that 4th handle?

Hi. I have found all 4 handles. When I pull the other three, you can hear the water emptying out and the levels on the sensors go down. With this one though, absolutely nothing happens. No water sound and the sensor reads full still.

I pulled if the lot with it on Thursday, I'm just at a loss as to what's going on and how to fix it. That tank is completely full and now I can't use my kitchen sink.

danemayer

If the problem valve pulls more easily than the other 3, the cable might have come loose from the valve assembly.

It's also possible that something is blocking the drain, but if there's not even a drop of water coming out, that seems less likely.

You may have to drop the coroplast underbelly on one side to locate the gate valve. If you can reach it, or can cut an opening under it, you could reach the plunger and see if it's moving when the handle is pulled. If the cable came out of the plunger, it's not hard to put it back together. Also, if you can reach the plunger, you can probably pull the plunger by hand or with pliers to get it to drain.

This is what they look like.

If you're going to take out some of the screws holding the coroplast to the frame, an impact wrench will work a lot better than a socket wrench.

Thank you for your help. I'm a quite small lady and my husband is in Afghanistan right now. I think I'm going to have to call Heartland tomorrow and see if they can fix it under warranty (since I've had it less than a week). I was hoping it might be something I could possibly do myself, but I do think that might be beyond me.

danemayer

If you're under warranty, you might ask for authorization to use a mobile servicer who can come to your location. You'll have to pay for the travel time charge, but that may be easier and less expensive than towing the rig to a dealer. Also probably much faster.