2015 Ram 35r00 DRW

'Lil Guy'

With this truck in the long bed fashion, do you think I'll need air bags for it to tow my new rig coming in? It's the Bighorn 3270RS. I still have a couple of weeks before I pick it up. If I am going to need them to level the truck, I want to get them now. Anyone pulling without them and how much squat do you get. My BH is one of the smaller ones. Thanks in advance.

Bones

With this truck in the long bed fashion, do you think I'll need air bags for it to tow my new rig coming in? It's the Bighorn 3270RS. I still have a couple of weeks before I pick it up. If I am going to need them to level the truck, I want to get them now. Anyone pulling without them and how much squat do you get. My BH is one of the smaller ones. Thanks in advance.
I think you should try hauling without air bags first. You should be good to go and later if you plan on adding a lot more in the bed then consider air bags.
I

fredwrichardson

Past New Mexico Chapter Leader

I have a 2014 Ram 3500 dually and we have a Landmark Ashland at 42 ft and a hitch weight of 3320 lbs. The truck is perfectly level without airbags. I have now added the Timbren DR3500CA Suspension Enhancement System. They are NOT air bags but help take the load off the leaf springs when towing the trailer.

osims

bsims
I am pulling a Bighorn 3160 which is about the same size as the 3270 without airbags and all is good, nice level ride.

hoefler

I tow our 40' Landmark with out any other help with our Ram. I am pushing 4,000 lb pin weight pretty good. The overloads are there for a reason, use them.

Sniper

You may want to check out the Timbren's for your application. Even though the your new 3500 DRW is probably more than capable of handling the weight, the Timbren's really help with "taking the curves" by reducing body roll. I also like the facts that there is no need to fiddle with air pressures, no air lines, or leaks to worry about, when your unloaded they have no effect on the suspension, and takes less than 1/2 hour to install. Different thickness spacers are also available to fine tune if you so desire.
Enjoy your new Bighorn, and safe travels. :)

roaddog28

Hi. My wife and I are pulling a 2008 Cyclone 3210 toy hauler with our 2003 Dodge 3500 dually with a 5.9 TD. So far I have not encountered any problems with stability when towing the Cyclone. The specs on our Cyclone are very close to the Bighorn your going to buy. Our 2003 Dodge does not have any air bags or modifications to the rear. The truck sits level does not sway in the wind. Earlier this year my wife and I took a 3600 mile trip from California to Iowa and the rig towed great even in rain, wind and going through Wyoming which is known for bad weather. My advice would be leave your Dodge alone until you get your new Bighorn. You can always do mods later if your not happy with the handling. For me I am happy with our rig the way it is now.
Good luck,
Howard