Small hole big damage

jmbuys

We purchased our 2013 Elkridge 34tsre in February of this year from a local dealer. We love our unit. Then in April I noticed some delamination at the top rear and side of our 5ver. So I had a repair shop come out to the site where we store it and give me their opinion and estimate if I wanted to fix it. He said its either water or factory problem with the lamination that can cause delam. So we made the decision to find out why and repair it. I knew it was going to be expensive but I couldn't just let it go. This shop came highly recommened. Well they opened it up and sure enough there was a dime sized leak in the corner of the roof where someone did some repair work and did not correctly seal it. Water got in and caused the delam in the rear. He asked if I wanted to open the back to see if the water had travel there and I said yes. Good call. There was a small amount of water damage in the rear. The big thing was they found the beginngs of termites. They had not done damage but were there. I'm gald I decided to open and check the rear. I had a exterminator come and check it all and spray. I thought the framing was aluminum but that is just the side walls I believe. Should get it back in a couple weeks.

Attachments

• IMG_3840.jpg
    IMG_3840.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_3839.jpg
    IMG_3839.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 232
  • repair2.jpg
    repair2.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 230
  • repair4.jpg
    repair4.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 236
  • repair1.jpg
    repair1.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_3844.jpg
    IMG_3844.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_3843.jpg
    IMG_3843.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 216

Power-Stroke

Wow! It's amazing how much damage a "dime size" leak can cause. I hope your insurance is helping you out. Good luck with the repair. Would love to see pics when your all fixed up!
Jay

jmbuys

It was a used unit(2013). No warranty. I don't believe they knew anything. No signs of the leak when we bought it. After a few months I noticed the delam in the rear and suspected I had a leak. Buyer beware.

jmbuys

Here are a few pics of the repair. Only thing lacking is the stripes at the rear side and obove the slide which will be painted. I will get it back Saturday. MPT in Myrtle Beach did the repairs. Very good people to work with.

Attachments

• IMG_4056.jpg
    IMG_4056.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_4059.jpg
    IMG_4059.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_4063.jpg
    IMG_4063.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 76

jmbuys

Well all is complete now that they painted the stripes on. Looks great. They really did a fantastic job.

Attachments

• IMG_4066.jpg
    IMG_4066.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_4068.jpg
    IMG_4068.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_4070.jpg
    IMG_4070.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 39