Touch Audio System

HBC

I just bought a 2011 Coachman Freedman Express and I am having an issue with the Touch Audio system, I can't get the remote to work, I have changed batteries and pushed the reset button and nothing. Any Suggestions? I found a replacement remote for this system but can't figure how to marry the new remote to the vd-400i, the instructions are no help. Any suggestions on this?

Last edited:

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Who's audio system is it. Some of the HL user guides might help. Have you tried Coachman for any help??

TxCowboy

Who's audio system is it. Some of the HL user guides might help. Have you tried Coachman for any help??

There's a lot of Touch Audio owners who would like to know that. We had Touch Audio in our 2011 Greystone and that system is junk. Worse than junk. It even had the "always on" weather alert that took us two years to final find a way to turn it off without having to rewire the entire RV.

To the OP, I did some more searching looking for help with your remote but I didn't find anything more than the user guide I posted above.

My advice is to find an inexpensive audio system or DVD player and totally bypass (or remove) the Touch Audio system. Your sound and picture will be better and you'll have much less frustration. You can get a better DVD picture through almost any DVD player. As for music, buy an inexpensive CAN 808 series bluetooth speaker and link it to your cell phone. You'll most certainly like the music quality better.

pegmikef

I had that junk in my North Trail and never did get most of the purported functions on the remote control to work right.