How do you replace the led porch light

billyjoeraybob

South Carolina Chapter Leaders-Retired
RESOLVED: How do you replace the led porch light

Hey the LED porch light over the entry door of our Ashland has stopped working. I want to remove the light so I can put a meter on it to diagnose. I can't for the life of me figure out how to remove the LED to get to the connection. Any clues
830d14ccf5bc417ba17b07da2157e323.jpg
?

Last edited:

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Look at the lens and see if it will pop off and then you can get to the screws holding it to the wall.

billyjoeraybob

Hey Bob. That's the problem. I can't find a way to get the lens off. Actually I am not sure if there is a separate lens or if it is part of the LED strip. I am afraid that I will break it.

billyjoeraybob

Just to circle back around. Tested and had power all of the way to the fixture. The LED strip is not serviceable. You must replace the entire fixture. Heartland CS is sending a warranty replacement.

B

BouseBill

Well....that is good to know. I have to wonder how much they are if you are out of warranty??

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Well....that is good to know. I have to wonder how much they are if you are out of warranty??
Since there are plenty of styles of lights, I looked around and found some with a similar foot print for under $30.
So they wont break the bank if replacement is needed.

Peace
Dave