entrance light 2015 landmark key largo

the entrance light of my 5th wheel works intermitly it normally comes on when you open entrance door stays on then slowly goes off
it also is controled by a switch on control panel. i checked voltage at switch and lamp nothing i cannot find any blown fuses
is there a control module that turns light off when you close the entrance door as the light dims. if there is where is , I looked behind control panel did not spot anything any help please.

danemayer

Hi rvmarley2015,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

The Welcome Back Light is supposed to come on when you open the entrance door. There is a magnetically activated reed switch underneath the door frame. When you open the door, the switch provides a ground path to the control module which in turn supplies power to the aisle light over the entrance. After you close the door, the module should keep power applied to the light for at least 30 seconds and perhaps as long as a couple of minutes.

If the control panel switch is ON, the light is ON and opening the door should have no effect.

The control module location probably varies by floor plan, but should be within a few feet of the door, possibly behind the rear basement storage wall.

The attached block diagrams may help you diagnose the circuit.

Btw, if you're checking fuses by looking for an illuminated LED, there has to be a load on the circuit. So make sure the switch is ON when looking for a blown fuse.

Attachments

• Welcome Back Light Block Diagrams.pdf
    74.4 KB · Views: 23