Freestar Tires - Positives?

todalake

I looking to hear some positive reports on the Freestar tires. What is the most miles that anybody has put on them? I don't want to read the negative reports as I've already read enough of them.

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
We have about 2500 miles on ours and they haven't blown up yet. We do check pressure and temp, the trailer isn't overloaded and we don't drive 80 mph. As an interesting note, the only two blowouts we have ever had were on the class A with Michelin XPS ribs. I don't think it was because Michelin was a bad tire, just that we probably ran over something in the road we didn't see. Wasn't enough tire left to determine the cause.
It seems like most of the problems have been from the 15" mission tires if you go back and read the posts. Just my 2 cents worth.

This is a few years after the original post but, i have been using Freestar for 3 years and have no trouble out of any. My only problem is road hazards, nails and things like that. I have put over 10000 miles on freestars. I drive over 2500 a month on them and they last 6 to 8 months. I tow boats ranging from 8000 to 14500 pounds.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The OP is almost 4 years old, but in reading about all of the "China Bomb" problems, the name Freestar does not appear as frequently, if at all, compared to Mission and others. My Freestars have less than 3000 miles on them, with a mold date of 5207, but they look almost new.

What I learned at the rally was the Freestar name was discontinued because the mold had reached the end of it's service life. They decided not to retool it. There was nothing wrong with the tires.

jolar3329

I've got 3 and a half years on mine with no problems. I keep them at 110 psig and drive at 65 mph or less.

caissiel

I have over 10k miles on ours and feel very confident about them, hardly any wear on them. I think they will roth before any problem. They are more then trailer tires and the spec is for also steering installation on trucks.