New option for Cyclone and Road Warrior, as seen on Facebook

TxCowboy

I actually thought the unit came with something like that. I guess not but I've only looked at a few of the Cyclones and RWs. It seems like a reasonable item to have if you can store it safely.

IronJ

Saw that.....want it...maybe even 2 as well...should be no issue to retrofit. ...hmmmm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

AAdams

Looking at the picture, the patio railing has been completely redesigned it looks like. The corners are angled, there are rollers on the bottom of the railing. I may be wrong, but it appears that it doesn't just flip down like the older style.

IronJ

I was pondering that myself...was thinking that maybe instead of pins to fold them and lay down, maybe they just roll across and overlap while the door is in closed position....

Also the mesh material looks different and the frame does not look like aluminum round tube??....

The pins/folding are not that big of a deal, but anything easier is still easier in my book. .!!

Can't wait to see one in person!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Here's some additional shots I took at the Open House. The patio rail/screening and probably steps are from Lippert. I saw Lippert screened into the mesh side panels.
IMG_1902.jpg IMG_1903.jpg IMG_1845.jpg

otisjnet

We were at RV show looking for steps for our 2014 ,3110 Cyclone when we met the product manager for Heartland. He sent us to Lippert. After back and forth emails for several days. They asked for the tag # on our patio door, then this reply. The door has the patio kit, but they do not sell aftermarket steps as of now. REALLY!!! I can buy the steps for the Raptor, but none for Heartland. Do any of you know, where or if we could get these steps. We looked at the steps on the Raptor. No big deal, at all to add them. Their reply to me;
Hello, i'm sorry for the delay in my response. The door tag shows the door with a patio kit, but not with the step. there are brackets that have to be put on the door to hold the step. We do not sell these steps aftermarket as of now. please get with Heartland Rv and if they need to contact us for more info they will. I'm sorry it's not available from us at this time. Thank you, Janet

BLHFUN

The Option has already changed - The Steps, Grill, Grill mount and trash can were added for $799.00 - They have removed the trash can, Grill and the Grill mount and just kept the Steps for 599.00 Retail - the Steps are very nice and I really like the new Screen. Apparently the Grill and Trash can were not perceived very well.

- - - Updated - - -

otisjnet

BLHFUN, you must be talking about when you are ordering a new toy hauler. We have a 2014 Cyclone with the patio kit, and only wanted the steps. Steve Jacobs who is Product Manager of Heartland, put us in touch with Lippert. They told us we could not order the steps, for they had not figured out how to do that separate as of yet. We got back in touch with Steve Jacobs, and he now has the parts manager at Heartland working on it. Hope the price you were given is what we can get them for. They are now working on it. Which means; the people who already have a toy hauler with the patio kit can order only the steps. We saw the steps on a Raptor at the RV show. We can order them and my husband said they would not be a problem to put on.

OEFVET

Nobody is really talking about it on this thread but the steps take up alot of room while traveling. Just something to consider. I personally don't need or want the steps. My full size weber grill with a 20lb tank has been working wonderfully.

BLHFUN

BLHFUN, you must be talking about when you are ordering a new toy hauler. We have a 2014 Cyclone with the patio kit, and only wanted the steps. Steve Jacobs who is Product Manager of Heartland, put us in touch with Lippert. They told us we could not order the steps, for they had not figured out how to do that separate as of yet. We got back in touch with Steve Jacobs, and he now has the parts manager at Heartland working on it. Hope the price you were given is what we can get them for. They are now working on it. Which means; the people who already have a toy hauler with the patio kit can order only the steps. We saw the steps on a Raptor at the RV show. We can order them and my husband said they would not be a problem to put on.

you are correct - New Ordered RV's with the Decked out package is what I was referring to - The only problem with adding the stairs to the current set up is the railings are completely different. Not user Friendly with our current gates - Or lack there of.

Chris, Correct - Bulky and lay in the floor while traveling - I personally don't have room for them in my Garage. But love the concept.

otisjnet

Heartland got back in touch today, and we were told that we had to order a new door and rail system for a price of $2900.00 just to be able to get steps. NO WAY, will that happen!! We knew our rails are different, but we plan to put the steps on one side and push the rail inside to exit or enter. We love the rails on ours, so we have no plans to change them. We have no children, so no problem for us. Looks like we will be ordering the ones for the Raptor now. We could have custom steps made much cheaper than this quoted price. Anyone else have any other ideas, it would be appreciated. I do know, there will be outside steps for my patio this spring when we are in TN overlooking the lake.

otisjnet

We plan to only take the steps, when we know we are going to use the patio. They will slide in beside our golf car in the garage. I hate giving up my table, and you only use the patio in good weather anyway. That's the reason for wanting the steps. We just open the door a little for our dogs to go out.