Has anybody used the Flojet high volume system ?

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Wondering if any of you have used the Flojet High volume water system ? Wondering if it's make a big difference and is it worth the cost ?

f776cfedc40ae7a851034e308d4504f8.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

rxbristol

I believe, for it to work properly, you have to have 3/4 inch water lines. Most RV's have 1/2 inch.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
The word "flow" is the key word. You can have all the pressure in the world. But, it's the size of the water lines that make more flow/volume.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Mine has plenty of flow and good pressure now. I'm just liking the fact the when you flush the toilet or rinse your hands the pump doesn't come on for a while. And some of the reviews said it took all of the pipe chattering out of his 5er too. I have a lot of that now. And I also have my pump goes on for a few seconds about 10 minutes.

avvidclif

If you're saying your pump runs for a few seconds about every 10 minutes you have a leak somewhere. Could be a pump valve or fitting. Mine only runs when a faucet is open, never in between openings.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Ya I think my pump or check valve is leaking back. So I figured sense I'm going to be in there I might as well go big. LOL

porthole

Retired
Wondering if any of you have used the Flojet High volume water system ? Wondering if it's make a big difference and is it worth the cost ?

Had it in our boat. Helps a bit, but doesn't eliminate the pressure changes quite like you are led to believe..
The accumulator tank pressure is usually set to about your pump cut in pressure.
Pump runs, builds pressure in tank to cut off, pump stops. You open faucet, pressure in tank runs water till you hit the pumps cut in pressure. So the pump still runs. The bladder may help eliminate the chatter in the pipes, but, the pump is still running up to it's cut off pressure.

You will still get a varying pressure flow out of the faucets. And the pump will run just as much if the flow is enough to overcome the tanks bladder.

You can add a accumulator to an existing system. Flo jet makes a smaller version that is almost plug and play (we have it on the Cyclone).
The accumulator in the above picture has been sitting in the basement for several years now - on the list of things to do the Cyclone...........

I believe, for it to work properly, you have to have 3/4 inch water lines. Most RV's have 1/2 inch.
The kit is 1/2" pipe

The word "flow" is the key word. You can have all the pressure in the world. But, it's the size of the water lines that make more flow/volume.

Still need "head pressure" to get flow Pipe size has to be balanced with pressure to get a usable stream.

Mine has plenty of flow and good pressure now. I'm just liking the fact the when you flush the toilet or rinse your hands the pump doesn't come on for a while. And some of the reviews said it took all of the pipe chattering out of his 5er too. I have a lot of that now. And I also have my pump goes on for a few seconds about 10 minutes.

Pump not coming on as often - that really depends on how much water you are pushing out. A drink dispenser at the sink, yes, it will come on less frequently. Sink faucet wide open in the middle (hot and cold) it will probably be about the same.

Ya I think my pump or check valve is leaking back. So I figured sense I'm going to be in there I might as well go big. LOL

The tiniest of leaks will cause your issue. And the pump check will as well.

- - - Updated - - -

The accumulator in the above picture has been sitting in the basement for several years now - on the list of things to do the Cyclone...........
And it does nothing for the chatter. The pump still needs to run up to its cut off pressure.

Oregon_Camper

WOW!!!!! $400 for that???

I did the same thing in my last trailer for under $80...including tank and all hose/connector. Water would run for a LONG time without the pump kicking on. When it finally did come on it would run for about 30-40 seconds while it pressurized the tank.

IMG_0034.jpg