LG 4.3 CU FT Ventless Washer Dryer Combo

I am just wondering if anyone has used this in their RV. I'm looking at purchasing a unit for our Torque 396 and this is the one I want. My only problem is that I can't find any reviews of anyone using it in their RV.

Thanks

farside291

We have the smaller one by LG. Dont fill it over half way or clothes will have steamed in wrinkles. For towels, under garmets, socks and such it works well. DW still wants a vented dryer for drying shirts and pants. If I had it to do over...I would by the stackable with a vented dryer. Hindsight huh. Oh well.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I would go with a vented model. Most reviews of all brands I have read recommend vented. Just be careful installing the vent.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
I just had the stackable washer dryer installed. Yes I wanted a combo ventless unit until my dealer reminded me that in the summer, the ventless would heat up the inside of the camper plus give you added humidity inside. Didn't want that so a vented unit we went with.

farside291

They definitely do heat up the camper. We keep the bathroom door shut with the roof vent fan running when the sometimes 2 plus hour dry cycle starts.

guyc66

I had a ventless combo washer/dryer (SOB) that almost burned up due to a faulty thermal fuse and bad timer. The darn thing cooked our clothes for 8 hours while we were away for the day. It was so hot the wood panel door on the closet burned my hand when I opened it up to shut off the switch. I guess a vented dryer could do the same thing, but I never trusted my combo after that. We have the Spledide stackables now and love them. Good luck with the combo if you go that route!

We never go off and leave the dryer running, even at home much less in the trailer. Lint can catch fire awful easy.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We always turn off our washer (could leak water) and dryer (could overheat) when we leave. Remember Murphy's Law (whatever can happen will happen). We would rather be safe than sorry.

Bohemian

A Splendide is 23-1/2 × 23-1/2. X 33h

The large LG combo 3997 is 27w x 25d x 38h

Does the Large LG fit in the w/d closets? What size are the closets? What are the needed clearances?

JoeKnight

We have one and I love it. And yes it fits fine in the closet. We had a deep drawer built for it to set on to hold detergent and linens.