Table rubbing

Kenneths

Brought my Newport in for items to be corrected, repaired or adjusted as is common with a new RV. One of the items on my list was nicks on the top of the table which I had pointed out to the dealer when I bought it. Well upon showing these to the service writer I noticed a mark on the edge of the table, then I looked and I have marks on the cabinets of the island where it is rubbing. His reply to me was he would contact Heartland to see if they had a shorter table. Anyone else had this issue? My dealer never got around to calling Heartland about it so I will have to, just wanted to see if this was something that has happened before because it is on the main table not the part that slides out.

Attachments

• 20150922_191101_resized.jpg
    20150922_191101_resized.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 76
  • 20150922_191105_resized.jpg
    20150922_191105_resized.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 68
  • 20150922_191114_resized.jpg
    20150922_191114_resized.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 62
  • 20150922_191118_resized.jpg
    20150922_191118_resized.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

danemayer

Not sure if it was a Newport, but someone had a problem with a recliner contacting the island. He was at the Goshen rally and the service team repositioned the island to eliminate the contact.

TxCowboy

Kenneths, you probably already know this and have checked it but here it is anyway.

The table, if like ours in the Key West, has two extensions

One is on the side nearest the kitchen island and is held in place by a plastic piece with a button snap. It simply lifts up and pulls out. When you retract it, ensure you close the button snap so that that piece doesn't extend while traveling.

The second extension is on the door side of the table and is a T-shaped handle that pulls out so you can slide the entire table out toward the kitchen island. Make sure that you pull that handle out, push the entire table back toward the wall, then ensure the T-handle seats properly so that the table doesn't move while traveling.

One of my neighbors in the RV park has a similar table from SoB and didn't know their table was expandable so I had this same discussion with them last weekend. :)

Kenneths

Jeff,
Thanks for your reply, no I didn't know there were 2 different extensions I will check on this when I get home this afternoon. I was only shown the lower section of the table sliding out by my dealer.

Kenneths

Well I checked the table and it does pull out as Jeff described but mine is all the way in and latched. I even pulled the slide in again to make sure that it had not been out before or something but it is actually touching when the slide is in.

Attachments

• 20150925_173642_resized.jpg
    20150925_173642_resized.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 18

Bones

Well I checked the table and it does pull out as Jeff described but mine is all the way in and latched. I even pulled the slide in again to make sure that it had not been out before or something but it is actually touching when the slide is in.
Is there a chance something is keeping the table from sliding in all the way?

Bones

Well it is going in and latching, not sure how the latch is made but I cannot push it in any further.
Can you pull it completely out and inspect? Maybe they mounted it out too far. I don't know how it is made so I'm flying blind here. I haven't seen that model yet.