Actual weight of Bighorn 3370 ???

TessaM

Past California Central Chapter Leader
Hi,
We will be buying the 2009 Bighorn 3370 soon, how much does one weigh with propane, water, clothes plus pots and pans etc. compared to the sticker dry weight of 10635 lbs.
Thanks for everyones help.:confused:

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Ours is about 11900 give or take a couple pounds. 1/3 tank of water and empty holding tanks. It's loaded, and I do mean loaded, for camping and Ray carries a ton of tools. We probably have 200 pounds of stuff we don't need in there. :)

ringhanger

trailer weight

I have heard that you can ball park how much extra weight you will add by estimating 250 lbs. per person. After I heard this I went and figured up how much I will be putting in our new 3370RL and it did come out very close. I am talking about NORMAL items, pot, pans, dishes, cloths, etc., not all the items you will be collecting as you go along. There are a lot of veriables but for a ball park number it worked for me. Propane weighs 4.23 lbs per gallon and the water is 8 lbs per gallon. I don't bring any more water than I will be needing for traveling.

Last edited:

SmokeyBare

Ball park I've heard......

1,000 Pounds for a Weekend RV use...

2,000 Pounds for a Extended Stay use...

3,000 Pounds for a Full Timer use....

Marv

TessaM

Past California Central Chapter Leader
Thanks to all who wrote, this puts me about 1000 lbs. lighter than the rig we currently have so that will work out great.