How to fix or replace the end cap seal on a 2013 Wilderness 2250bh?

Hi
I'm new to the forum and have been reviewing some very helpful articles which have given me the general idea on how fix my roof but I wanted to double check before I start.

I have a 2013 Wilderness 2250bh. We had a hail storm about a month ago and I found that the front end cap seal was cracked by the hail. Unfortunately I didn't notice this problem until after I found some water had migrated down the inside of the wall. After checking the situation I found that the front end cap seal was cracked in numerous places along its length. I also noted that it was very brittle so it was not surprise that the hail cracked it so badly.

In reading the articles in this forum I am thinking that the solution is to use some of the roof products from Eternabond. But that raises a few questions:

1. Is EternaSeam Roof Seam Eliminator the right product to use?
2. Can I place it right over the existing cracked seal {of course I will remove any sharp protruding pieces}?
3. Is any extra or other sealer needed at the very ends of the tape, or do you run the tape just a bit over the edge so that water runs down the side of the roof?
4. My last question is whether I should also use the same product on the second seam on the front of the trailer? It appears to be a caulk seal rather than like the hard plastic one that has been cracked.

I appreciate any insight. If this answer is already listed please direct me there.

I`ve added a couple photos.

Thanks
B
redir

http://1drv.ms/1Oz0hoz

1Oz0hoz

danemayer

Hi bheidecker,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

I'm not quite sure how to interpret the linked picture. But in general, Eternabond Tape is a very good product. You might consider re-caulking the seam(s) and then applying the tape.

I'm sure you'll get some other advice shortly.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If I am seeing what I think I see, that cracked material is just there to cover up a bunch of screws and can easily be replaced.
It can be found at Walmart. Vinyl Trim.
I'm also thinking that you might also have to check all caulking. This should be done at least once per year.

Peace
Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
That is a vinyl insert strip. Over time, it can become brittle. I had to replace the strip along the bottom face of my front wall, under the cargo door. Before going to by it, pull a piece out and measure its width since there are two sizes available. Don't know about WallyWorld having it, but any RV dealer with a parts department should. Stuff is not expensive, either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk