Backup light wire

jnbhobe

I want to fish a wire from the pin box to the underbelly,has anyone done this or have an idea of how to do it. I'me at a loss for ideas.

Niles

What I did was drill a hole in the crossmember in the back of the pin, not easy to get a drill in there. Once I got the hole drilled I was able to send the wire thru to the front storage area. Be careful you drill low enough because you can drill into the front closet. Don't ask how I know this.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Niles, what did you use to fill the hole in the closet wall. DW didnt find out did she:eek:???????? Shush, wont tell a soul. Bob:D

Niles

Unforturlly, when I was fshing the cable and couldn't understand where the ____ the cable was going, she went inside and heard something banging against the closet door!!!!

jnbhobe

Niles, did the wire go to the storage compartment or to the underbelly. and how big a hole did you have to drill

Niles

It went into the storage and I took it over toward the lp tanks and down then back. I was running a back-up camera cable with a end on it so I made the hole 1/2 inch then filled with the foam insulation.

jnbhobe

Thanks for the help Niles, I'll try it tomorrow night. I have a 18v angle drill and a good hole saw,we'll see what happens

ChopperBill

When I put on the electric awning I tried until I went nuts to get a wire through. I ended up putting on one of the those plastic wire channels. Didnt turn out to bad.
282993992.jpg