Unsupervised Toilet Installation

rxbristol

Nothing is as simple as I think it will be. I just installed a Dometic 310 to replace the original non-sealing Thetford. It went down easy enough, but the water line did not match up to the toilet inlet. I tried a flexible metal mesh line, but the threads to the toilet were too shallow and it would not tighten down properly. I showed the wife my fix and she said, "What is that? See what happens when I leave you unsupervised!".

Toilet.jpg

Hunter11

Rex, when I installed our Dometic 310 my wife said the same thing about my plumbing job. Looks just like yours but works well. She much prefers the 310 over the Thetford we had.

avvidclif

I see what the problem is. You showed it to her. If you hadn't she never would have found it. Looks good to me What's her problem????

MCTalley

Looks good. Our two (half bath and full bath) don't have quite so many angles, but I also put shut-offs on both. I also now have a pretty complete set of Sharkbite items if I ever run into any plumbing issues.

donr827

I think it looks very good. Wish all trailers would have shut off valves on plumbing devices.
Don

pegmikef

Nice job
Made me think I need to get an assortment of the sharkbite's too just in case.

Very nice job. Neat and clean. I, too, would like to stock a small assortment of these fittings, but I know very little about plumbing. What size should I stock or would it be prudent to have multiple sizes on hand. It kind of looks to me like 1/2 inch would be the prominent size.

Birchwood

I installed a Dometic 310 in my Landmark .Lost track of how many trips I made to Ace for fitting but by gosh it got installed properly and we really enjoy the hand sprayer.

rxbristol

Yes, I believe all the Heartland 5th wheels are 1/2 inch lines. The Sharkbites are easy, but make sure you get the release tool--it makes it even easier. I also like the crimps, but not the clamps because they require more care during installation. The crimp fittings are much cheaper, but you have to buy the tool.

Very nice job. Neat and clean. I, too, would like to stock a small assortment of these fittings, but I know very little about plumbing. What size should I stock or would it be prudent to have multiple sizes on hand. It kind of looks to me like 1/2 inch would be the prominent size.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
You can tell Karen.."if you don't like it...do it yourself". I told Patty that ONCE and I woke up 3 days later and she had fixed it herself.