ATF: Road Warrior - power cord placement and water tank

szewczyk_john

Yesterday we went to the trailer to clean it out and drain all the water since our next trip is weeks away. I know that if we leave water in the hot water tank for that long it will have that awful smell to it. We have done this drainage so many times and I never realized it before but on the 305RW the hot water tank's drain is directly over the main power cord inlet. By this I mean where the 50 amp cord gets connected to the trailer. Now I understand that the marinco looking power inlet is made to get wet and be exposed to the weather without presenting any danger, but I still do not think that this should be set up this way. An extra 6 inches for or aft would have moved it from getting drenched with gallons of water from the hot water tank.

porthole

Retired
Yesterday we went to the trailer to clean it out and drain all the water since our next trip is weeks away. I know that if we leave water in the hot water tank for that long it will have that awful smell to it. We have done this drainage so many times and I never realized it before but on the 305RW the hot water tank's drain is directly over the main power cord inlet. By this I mean where the 50 amp cord gets connected to the trailer. Now I understand that the marinco looking power inlet is made to get wet and be exposed to the weather without presenting any danger, but I still do not think that this should be set up this way. An extra 6 inches for or aft would have moved it from getting drenched with gallons of water from the hot water tank.

John - it took ya 6 years :eek:

Sounds like time for a power reel upgrade !!!