3055 Length

Peteandsharon

Can someone clear up a little confusion about the length of Bighorn coaches? The brochure lists the length of the 3055 as 34' 4". Yet when looking at the VIN it indicates that the coach is 30 feet long. The 3055 model would also seem to indicate 30 feet. Is this a 30 ft. coach or a 34 ft. coach and why would there be this discrepancy in the literature? Thanks in advance,

PeteNone

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Hello Pete,
According to the Heartland website the length is 34'4". To tell the truth, I've not measured mine.

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
Pete,
if you measure the inside from the closet mirror to the back window you might find that measurement will be 30.5 ft

Peteandsharon

Thanks guys. I would agree that the literature says 34' 4". But if it measures 30.5 feet on the interior then where does the extra 4 feet come in? Maybe from the closet mirror to the tip of the king pin? Maybe it's a cosmetic issue but when someone asks me how big my new rig is, do I tell them it is a 34 ft. rig or a 30 ft. rig?

nvtahoe

I think that they actually get the measurement on a 5th wheel from the end of your tow vehicle (tailgate) to the end of the the RV. That makes sense on most of these units. Once again, wouldn't it be nice if manufacturers stated the real length.... I have a cyclone 3210 and it actually measures out just past 35.5 feet, but it is 32' to the tailgate of my truck. (The brochure, I think says 34'.)

Pete,
Just walked in from measuring our 2008 3055RL. From the most forward portion of the front cap to the rear ladder, is 36 feet. If you exclude the ladder and get more exact feet and inches ( I measured by myself with a 15 tape) it could be 35'6". So somewhere in between those two figures.
The pin box looks to be even with the most forward portion of the front cap so that shouldn't change any measurements.
If you have any other questions about the 3055RL, just ask. Mine is sitting next to the garage.

Lefty- Bet your dealer a beer about the actual length, you will be a winner.

Jim

Peteandsharon

That's priceless, guys. I got 30.5 feet interior length. I got 35-36 end to end length. And we have Lefty's dealer's 33 ft. Everything but the 34' 4" the brochure claims. So it appears that when the VIN says it is a 30 ft. rig it means 30 ft. inside wall to wall. Thanks Jim for taking the time to go outside and measure. Maybe once I finally get my rig to my driveway, I won't get so hung up on things like this. Too much time waiting. Thanks again. Pete

Pete, David, Lefty, others
The smaller dimensions are probably inside measurements. David and I gave you outside measurements. But some people are more concerned with inside measurements which is probably that 33' length.

No matter what the tapemeasure says, you're going to like the trailer.

Jim

snuffy

I've been told that they are measured from the rear bumper to the hitch. On travel trailers, three feet is usually used by the hitch.
I would drop a plumb-bob from the pin and measure back to the very rear cap.

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Don't know about the 3055 - but I know one thing for a fact!

When hauling the Cyclone 3950 - I can promise you - it is at least 75' long! :)

azbound

Hi everyone. Your posts were interesting reading. We just measured our 3400RL and guess what we found. The measurement in the brochure says length is 34'9". We measured ours and that's exactly how long it in the inside wall to wall. I think the confusion is that other manufacturers brochures usually state exterior length while Heartland simply states "length" and obviously this is the inside deminsions. Hope this helps clarifys this issue. Happy Trails, all.

snuffy

Hi everyone. Your posts were interesting reading. We just measured our 3400RL and guess what we found. The measurement in the brochure says length is 34'9". We measured ours and that's exactly how long it in the inside wall to wall. I think the confusion is that other manufacturers brochures usually state exterior length while Heartland simply states "length" and obviously this is the inside deminsions. Hope this helps clarifys this issue. Happy Trails, all.

The spec sheet I looked at says 36'9" for the 3400RL. This is the model we are most interested in. And it's home is almost complete.

azbound

SNUFFY YOUR ABSOLUTLY CORRECT, I MET TO SAY 36'9". My point is still the same, it appears that the length indicated is the inside not the outside. And I measured the outside I only measured the box, not the latter or hitch pin and that was over 38'.

J&B

Just got a new '09 3055RL. The 33' noted was for our license. When we measured from the kingpin to the back we got 35'. It would be nice to know the real length when purchasing an RV.