LED light strips

another weekend another job...
LED light strips beside the docking mirror earlier installed on the 09 Sundance

this one was a bit more intense
had to take the mattress off the bed,
the OSB sheet off the bed frame.
the headboard trim and insert out of the nose from inside.

Start in the nose cavity and run wires back to where we could drop into the front compartment where the battery and 12volt wiring is.
tape off the LED light strips on the nose so they look equally spaced.

Take the lights off the nose and test to see that they actually work. Good to go!

Retape them on the nose and drill 2 small holes through the the fiberglass

Connect, solder and shrink wrap the connections and hook up to the rocker switch in the front compartment.

Wait for the sun to set and OMG we have LED lights.

Had 2 beer and talked with park campers who love the addition... and then remembered...

guess who forgot to replace the R2 insulation , the head board insert, the trim, the mattress.

Oh my would you look at the time!

Attachments

• 20150926_195714_resized.jpg
    20150926_195714_resized.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 111

Bones

another weekend another job...
LED light strips beside the docking mirror earlier installed on the 09 Sundance

this one was a bit more intense
had to take the mattress off the bed,
the OSB sheet off the bed frame.
the headboard trim and insert out of the nose from inside.

Start in the nose cavity and run wires back to where we could drop into the front compartment where the battery and 12volt wiring is.
tape off the LED light strips on the nose so they look equally spaced.

Take the lights off the nose and test to see that they actually work. Good to go!

Retape them on the nose and drill 2 small holes through the the fiberglass

Connect, solder and shrink wrap the connections and hook up to the rocker switch in the front compartment.

Wait for the sun to set and OMG we have LED lights.

Had 2 beer and talked with park campers who love the addition... and then remembered...

guess who forgot to replace the R2 insulation , the head board insert, the trim, the mattress.

Oh my would you look at the time!
That looks really good. Did you take any in progress pictures?

Tundra2084

Love it! Thanks for giving me another idea for hubby to do. We have a Sundance also, and found that the tonneau cover makes it impossible to see the hitch when hooking up, but with your mirror over the hitch idea, it could get a lot easier. Where did you get the mirror material and how did you attach it?
I Thank You. But pretty sure hubby won't lol.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
. . . but with your mirror over the hitch idea, it could get a lot easier. Where did you get the mirror material and how did you attach it?

I've seen some Montana 5th-wheelers that have factory installed mirrors on the front.

I've been wondering the same as I'd like to put a mirror on the front of our Prowler!

I do lol their on my work cell phone at the lake.

I was told that no one would see any of the bedroom pics because of the mess i made.

all I have is the before and after for the mirror install and now the working lights attached, where the wiring is dropped through the bed space and into the front compartment.

Attachments

• 20150829_120139_resized.jpg
    20150829_120139_resized.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 77
  • 20150829_123448_resized.jpg
    20150829_123448_resized.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 73
  • received_10156085103270258.jpg
    received_10156085103270258.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 76
  • received_10156085101810258.jpg
    received_10156085101810258.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 61
Love it! Thanks for giving me another idea for hubby to do. We have a Sundance also, and found that the tonneau cover makes it impossible to see the hitch when hooking up, but with your mirror over the hitch idea, it could get a lot easier. Where did you get the mirror material and how did you attach it?
I Thank You. But pretty sure hubby won't lol.

i went to Speedy Glass in Fredericton and got them to cut me a piece of mirror Lexan 16 inches wide by i think its 9 inches tall. they rounded the corners and it cost me less than 15 dollars.
Then went to HD and got some 3M emblem tape and ran a complete box shape on the outer edge. smaller box inside that and finally a couple of single strips in the middle.
they have the 50 lb hold stuff but i used the 30 lb stuff...
wiped the panel with methyl hydrate to clean the wax (as if there was any on there) off and measured the area from side to side and from the bottom up to ensure it being straight (aka level)

pealed the red tape liner off and stuck it on then siliconed the outer edges.

that was the easy job....

with the 5th wheel hitch in maneuver position for hitching it allows me to connect, seeing the green button pop out on teh Reese 16k slider and ensure i'm good to go.