3055RL Dimension Question: Rear Living Area Depth

GaryB

Hi: Can anybody tell me the depth dimension of the rear living area of the '09 Big Horn 3055RL (from rear wall to slideout fascia)? My 3055RL is on order. I decided to buy my own recliner chairs and want to make sure they will fit back there while the slideout is closed. There's no BH dealers within 120 miles of here for me to measure myself.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Gary,
I can provide you with measurements from my 2008 3055RL. I'd say things didn't change from the '08 to the '09 in the slider location and the door width.

Door width: At the narrowest point is 27 3/4 inches.

Back wall to slider facia is 33 inches. BUT from the day/night shades, it's only 31 1/2. I'm sure you wouldn't want to have the chair in contact with the shade for eight hours of bouncing down the road. So it looks like the opening for the chair with no contact with wall, shade, or facia is around 31 inches.

That door width sounds small, but turn the chair on its side and everything should work. I got one of the chairs that came with the unit out the door and it's BIG. Just bring two men and a boy.
If you need any more measurements, just ask.
Good Luck,
Jim

DennisZ

Gary

It is a tight 33". The only brand of recliners that will fit are La-Z-Boy. All the others are either 33 or 34 inch minimum.

The La-Z-Boys are real nice but pricey, generally $600+ each.

Good luck in your quest, and let us know if you find some that fit cheaper.

Dennis

GaryB

Thanks so much for the info!

I'll probably get some euro-style recliners (since we'll be using the sofa bed and don't want to move big recliners back/forth every day). I found this place http://www.discountleatherchairs.com/ They seem to have some pretty nice Benchmaster-brand euro chairs (with ottomans) for $449 each, shipping included. Not sure how they compare with the euro chairs that HL offers as an option.

Jim B: If you wish, you can move this thread out of ATF, since I already got my question answered.

Thanks again all!
Gary

snuffy

Gary

It is a tight 33". The only brand of recliners that will fit are La-Z-Boy. All the others are either 33 or 34 inch minimum.

The La-Z-Boys are real nice but pricey, generally $600+ each.

Good luck in your quest, and let us know if you find some that fit cheaper.

Dennis

We looked at a Cedar Creek that had the Lazy Boys and they are the most comfortable recliners I have sat in. $600 is a little much but overall if you use them much they are well worth the price in the long run.

ChopperBill

Thanks so much for the info!

I'll probably get some euro-style recliners (since we'll be using the sofa bed and don't want to move big recliners back/forth every day). I found this place http://www.discountleatherchairs.com/ They seem to have some pretty nice Benchmaster-brand euro chairs (with ottomans) for $449 each, shipping included. Not sure how they compare with the euro chairs that HL offers as an option.

Jim B: If you wish, you can move this thread out of ATF, since I already got my question answered.

Thanks again all!
Gary
Gary we have the OEM Euro chairs all though they are fairly comfortable and look pretty sharp there is no comparison with a big plush CLOTH recliner. IMO.