If you Have to go to Sulphur, Ok,,,

Oldlthrnecksgirl

Hisyoungercuterwife
I would highly recommend Arbuckle RV Resort. DH got a call to go to a job in Sulphur Wed am and we drove from San Antonio, arriving late at night. I had spoken to one of the owners, Jo that day and she told me they didn't have a spot for us permanently due to a group coming in but we could spend a few days there. Her husband/co-owner came and met us and helped guide the rig in despite the heavy thunder/lightning storm that was hitting the area. They have also worked it out so that we can stay for the duration although we do need to boondock tomorrow night, lol.

The park is spacious, has two ponds, is immaculately kept by Dick and Jo. There is a swimming pool but it is still early in the year so it is still closed. It is obvious that they work hard on improving the grounds which have a farm like feel. You can see horses on the paddock beside the park and it has three resident geese as well as armadillos (although I haven't spotted one yet, darn).
In closing, if you need or want to be in the area,,, check it out,,, Lizzy

oops, here is the link to their website:http://www.arbucklervresort.com/

Oldlthrnecksgirl

Hisyoungercuterwife
Thanks htneighbours! We will be here until the first of the month I think. What the heck is with your weather btw?? lol,,, Lizzy

Oops, I think my Canadian was showing,,, minus the u in your nickname, sorry

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Hey Lizzy...bet you're gonna miss the hot-tub at Lake Braunig!!! LOL

Hope everything is good with you and Fred. Let me know how you like OK!

Kathy and Ken

Oldlthrnecksgirl

Hisyoungercuterwife
Hiya K&K, I sure do miss the hot tub but the pool even more so, lol. And the fact that you could actually sit outside without eye protection from the wind and the dust! Add in a few tornado watches and that will pretty much tell you how I have enjoyed Oklahoma. A friend of mine that lives here locally did take me out to see the Sulphur springs and Turner Falls, so that really was nice. The people here are very nice as well but I am ready to return to civilization.

I have kept up with my diet and lost 31 lbs so far which has been a little more challenging in a place that doesn't carry my "go to" foods. My exercise has really lagged behind as well. The wind and dust hurt my eyes, my ears and my skin so I have stayed pretty much holed up inside. It is a pity because this is really a pretty park, we just stayed here in the wrong season to enjoy it.

We are leaving here either Sunday or Monday morning and headed back to Kemah. We still have to get the repair work finished off. We have been talking about going back to San Antonio because we didnt get all our sightseeing done because we had to leave abruptly for this job. Will see what happens though, its all an adventure!

Where are you guys now? Hope all is well,,, Lizzy

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Hey guys...we're in Maryland right now visiting our Son. Unfortunately our rig is back in Elkhart for repairs, that's a story in itself!

We will be leaving on Wednesday morning to pick it up and then head back to Ocean City, MD for a car show. Maybe one of these days we'll get to do some more sightseeing; one can only hope.

Are you guys coming to Branson?

Oldlthrnecksgirl

Hisyoungercuterwife
How nice to get to visit your son. I have a neice in Baltimore, hope to get to go see her soon. I don't know if we are going to Branson or not,,, we have discussed it but we can't make plans that far ahead when we don't know where Himselfs job is going to take us next. If we go, we won't know until the week before. Hopefully they can squeeze us in somewhere if we can. We are heading back to Kemah tomorrow, from there it is all up in the air,,, enjoy your visit and fill us in on what happened to your rig,,, Lizzy