A furnace question

Happy Campers

On our furnace it blows real hard in the bathroom and bedroom but barely blows in the kitchen,living room.The bathroom and bedroom are toasty hot while in the kitchen/living room it is kinda chilly.Is there something i can check ?.
Thanks

christianson

I installed 4x10 regesters in living and kitchen area helped quit abit also replaced regesters in bed room and bath with ones that could be shut off.

Happy Campers

christianson,
Our registers measure 4x11 3/4 but the actual openings are 2x10 in all our vents ,the bathroom and bedroom vents will blow a small towel off the registers while the ones downstairs will not.I also blocked the bed/bath off for a minute but it didn't increase the airflow in the kitchen/living room.I also noticed the vents in the bath/bed was hot when i uncovered them.maybe it's a duckwork problem ?.
Thanks

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
Someone else posted, on another thread, that their dealer found one of the ducts crushed and almost closed off. That might be problem here. Might get an inspection mirror and check out the ducts for obstruction.
Fred

Delaine and Lindy

We just returned from our Dealership, the problem as above the bath and bedroom had plenty of air flow. The center register had no air flow, problem was the duct work was about 5' to long and had a kink in it and shut the air flow off. The duct work is the same as a Dryer vent pipe will probably have problems in that area again. We also changed the Registers to the type that we can control the air flow. All the 5th wheel we have owned had air flow problems to some extent. The Landmark has improved the heating system we don't have near the noise with this system. GBY....

Happy Campers

I really appreciate your answers and was thinking of a crushed duct.Maybe thats the reason the bed/bath is blowing so hard,even shutting them off the ones downstairs doesn't blow any harder.I'll check tomorrow with a mirror as we are long way from a dealer,on vacation and all set up.
Thanks

Happy Campers

The repairman came out today and fixed it.He cut some excess off the hoses and took out a 90 that seemed to be a problem.He also said there were more problems but it was over my head the way he explained it.
Thanks for all the help.