bedroom slide

bcpolaris

bcpolaris
My modification was adding small wheels under the foot of the bed so the wooden frame doesn't drag on the carpet. The slide was dragging and causing the carpet to pile. I added these 2" wheel and now the slide works great. While I was in there I also had to reinforce the original slide wheels.

Attachments

• bed1.jpg
    bed1.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 521
  • bedwheel1.jpg
    bedwheel1.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 486
  • bedwheel2.jpg
    bedwheel2.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 468

davelinde

THANKS for the pictures and the idea.

We were very disappointed not to find storage under the bed... on our last FW we stored an electronic keyboard, blankets and a lock box under there...

When I'm in there adding the wheels I'll try to figure out if I can still rig a little storage... it looks like there may be room for the keyboard if I'm careful of the hydrolics.

Luckyhat12

Anyone noticed while they were in their bedroom slide that you can see daylight between the floor and the outside. I pulled the edge of my carpet back and have a 1/2" gap between the floor board and the metal structure for the step up part of the frame.

Off to the store for spray foam. No wonder my bed is cold every winter.

Chris

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
While adding some Peel-n-Stick tiles under my mattress recently, I was going to add some wheels at the foot...and discovered mine already had some! :) What I thought was the board dragging on the carpet was actually the impression of the wheels.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Anyone noticed while they were in their bedroom slide that you can see daylight between the floor and the outside. I pulled the edge of my carpet back and have a 1/2" gap between the floor board and the metal structure for the step up part of the frame.

Off to the store for spray foam. No wonder my bed is cold every winter.

Chris

I was at RV Capital Repair center last year when I noticed daylight like you are talking about. They told me the slide needed to be adjusted to correct that. They adjusted the slide and it took care of that problem. That could be your problem. :)

Luckyhat12

this was between the floor plywood and the metal structure of the slide. I don' think the area that I am talking about moves. It looks like the board was just cut too short.

JasonShrout

This thread is a bit old, but worth a try... Has anyone changed the orientation of the bed? It's a hassle to get in an out of. As an example of what I'm trying to do, if you've seen the layout of the Voltage 3950, that's what I'd like if possible.