Fastening Tool...

Delaine and Lindy

For the one's who haven't opened up the basement wall, if you have you seen pipes and lines going every which way. I had remounted the in-house Vac system, it wasn't mounted properly. However we just returned form the dealership and was in the process of flushing the black tank and for some reason water was leaking from behind the wall. Took the was down and located the water leak. Looked like a very easy repair (wrong) Heartland use's cinch clamps on all water lines. And I had no Pex cinch clamp fastening tool. I have now, there are dozens of those clamps in you 5er. I did try a hose clamp (made in China worthless). So went to Lowes and purchased the Pex cinch Camp fastening tool made by Appolo. Took about 2 seconds to repair water leak. The tool is expensive, but when you are traveling and not near a dealership it will save you butt. My other 5er had a manifold system were you could turn on different lines. Heartland should have kept that option:mad:. But if your near us we will help fix your water leak. GBY..........

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
PEX Plumbing

Ditto here! I bought one of those tools at Lowe's to do some plumbing line mods on the Cyclone. I'll have it with me for anyone's use! I think I paid $84 for it.

TrickyD

Wow! Where were you guys with this tool when I needed it? Had a couple of leaking lines I had to repair and ended up actually filing them off by hand! Had I known about this tool there was a Home Depot about 3 blocks away. Oh well it was an experience
I don't hope to duplicate soon! Replaced the original clamps with gear type ones you can tighten and remove with a nut driver! So far so good!

TrickyD

Delaine and Lindy

Well my leak was on the Sante Flush water line and the Gear driven type clamps would not work. Of course the clamps I had were made in China, so they weren't any good. GBY...

beardedone

Beardedone
I can guarantee you that no clamp will work on pex pipe. Only the crimper works but they are expensive to buy (just in case)

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Wow...that's odd...Pex connections almost never leak! The only leaks we've experience were in threaded connections and simply required tightening...guess we've been lucky.

Might consider investing in the Pex crimper just in case!!!

Forrest Fetherolf

I can guarantee you that no clamp will work on pex pipe. Only the crimper works but they are expensive to buy (just in case)

I have replaced crimp hose clamps with geared clamps many times, they do work. The secret is to use a good quality heavy duty type, if necessary. I carry different sizes in the RV, just in case, along with duct tape and a spool of wire, etc.

Forrest

Kashman

Mark Lawrence
When we picked up 3670RL we noticed a a small leak coming from behind the basement wall, it was a simple fix (don't remember exactley what it was now,lol). But I figured that I would have to be back in there again before too long for one thing or another and the wall was a pain to take out, reallly poor design there, in fact the only real support was the plywood resting on the central vac. So any way I made a door out of it by putting on a piano hinge and a couple of hasps. Now it's real easy to get access to the plumbing. Also installed a .50 bracket to take the weight off of the central vac.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Kashman
How about some pictures.. I want to do the same thing.. I need to reposition my vacuum. The connection contacts have a bit of a problem making proper connection.

BC

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
And this is why we sell Rescue Tape...He He!!;) Makes a virtually permanent repair in this type of situation...

Kashman

Mark Lawrence
Basement Door Conversion

Hey TXBobcat, here are some pics of hinge & bracket. Hope this helps. I may add a brace at the bottom, behind the wall, yet, not sure thought. I may also attempt to straighten out the rats nest of wiring, plumbing, etc. back there. I saw it in another post and looked real nice. I just have to muster up the energy for that endeavor.......lol :D

Attachments

• Spacer Pic copy.jpg
    Spacer Pic copy.jpg
    887.5 KB · Views: 56
  • Hasp Pic.jpg
    Hasp Pic.jpg
    872 KB · Views: 53

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Nice mod kashman. May have to consider implementing that one myself, if you don't mind LOL

jbeletti

Nice job kashman. Thanks for sharing.

Guys, take a look also at what Rick Larsen (fivernine) did for his. Not sure if he has pics up of it now but I am sure he will share them.

Jim