Lost My Transmission

5erWonk

My transmission (45,000 mi) started to shift erattically from 1st to 2nd, would wind out to about 2800 rpm so I took it to the dealer. A valve stuck in the valve body taking out a clutch and damaged the torque converter. :mad:

The Service Mgr told me there has been a lot of valve bodies on back order indicating there me be problems with this part in the transmission. Dodge is will to cover half the cost of the repair since it is out of warranty. He suggested if there is an issue with the valve bodies and they issue a recall, Dodge would the cover 100%

Anybody having a similar issues?

davebennington

I had problems with my transmission also. The dealer changed the torque converter and the transmission. Good news is all seems to be working well now. Bad news side when they changed the torque converter they screwed up the engine rear main seal, then they dropped the truck off the lift and messed up both running boards stainless steel Master Boss ($1200.00). Now in a fight with them about replacing them.

Dave

sharmulst

I thought that tramsmission and engine were covered for 70,000 miles. I have a 2005 3500 Dodge diesel with automatic 4 speed. So am curious why warranty didn't cover your problem.

timk

Geeze, guys don't get me started on Dodge transmissions.
Good question about the warranty.
Dave, the transmission r&r shouldn't have anything to do with the rear main. The flywheel stays on the back of the engine, and the torque converter goes in the front of the transmission body. Of course if they dropped it, lord knows.
TimK

5erWonk

I thoght the transmission was covered under 7/70, but that apparently went away after '05 and is only available as an extended warranty.

I still want to look at my paperwork when the truck gets off the lift.