Splash Guard

Motair

The wife and I recently purchased the Bighorn 3370. One thing we noticed that behind the stove they're wasn't a splash guard to protect the wall. I was thinking about purchasing some lexan at home depot, but was worried on how to attach it. One option was to use screws to hold it up, another option was to use clear liquid nail. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Jimmyt5

I did the same thing however, I used small circular pieces of Velcro. Also put it in bathroom behind sink.

SmokeyBare

We hit one of the Dollar stores...

They often sell a very thin sheet of plastic used for a cutting board. We bought one pack that held two sheets of this "Cutting Board" plastic... using a little double sided tape... it's holding them very nicely !!

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
We used some lexan. Cut it higher than the wall and it stands on the back splash and goes up between the stove hood and fridge and does not move even when we travel. Most it has moved in 10,000 kms of travel is to just slip off the back splash. Just set it up on splash when we stop. No screws tape or anything. Makes it easy to remove to clean.
Regards
Wayne

Today DW picked out ceramic tile to go behind & on the right side of cooktop area. Next project will be bath sink backsplash. Will attach pic when finished.

Motair

Thanks for the input. I picked up the lexan and the screws at home depot yesterday. Hopefully tomorrow, we'll start installing it in the kitchen, and with the leftover, install some in the bathroom. Frankly I am suprised, that this is not done at the factory.

New ceramic tile

Finished the new back-splash today . It added a lot of class to the 3400rl.
Bathroom sink is next when DW finds the perfect tile.

Attachments

• RV UPGRADES 007 640 x480.jpg
    RV UPGRADES 007 640 x480.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 194

RubiconAg

Please spill the beans..!!!!

Did you use and epoxy or mud underlayment? I have contemplated this many times but, correct me if I'm wrong, wouldn't the typical cementitous backer board, mud, tile setup end up cracking when going down the road? Maybe an expoxy backing would be better, more pliable?

Let me know how you pulled this off!

Arkansas1

Past Arkansas Chapter Leaders
I went to our local glass shop and had the glass cut to fit, for each section, held it in place with mirror supports, clear silicon on the corners to join the two pieces, sanded the sides of the glass for safety, works very well holds up under hot splatters, does not stain and does not shift or move during travel.

How I did it

To stick the tilt on the wall I used Power Grab construction adhesive by Locktite. Yes,stuck it stright to the wall no backer board. After a few day curing time I think it will take a jack-hammer to move it.
Next came polyblend unsanded grout for the joints, then finished-up all edges ( where tile touches wall )with kitchen & bath Silcone II caulk by GE.
If it cracks or falls of the wall I will post that also.

jime