underbelly tape

seamo

Bob and Christina Seaman
Does anyone know the name of the black tape for your underbelly that sticks like heck? Tom, Ken, or JP?

Jim B I am going under again? Wish you were here!!

jbeletti

Great idea Stevie - you beat me to it. I keep a roll in the trailer.

Christina - I missed you (okay, and Bob too) in Houston this weekend. What a great time. And guess what Bill and Ornell went and did??

Say, I did a forum search for 'underbelly tape' and found this thread by good ol' Retired4fun (aka Chopper Bill).

Here's a link in post 1 of his thread to the supplier he used for the Nashua brand tape.

That said, this tape looks like what is used to repair tears in the Darco (sp?) wrap material, not the underbelly material (Coruplast). So I am not certain this is what you need. My guess is within a day, you'll get more great replies. Until then, do as Stevie suggests and get yourself a roll of Gorilla Glue duct tape. Man - that stuff is 200 MPH! After you use it, seal both sides of the roll with waved paper.

Use your creeper girl!

Jim

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Nashua 357 Duct tape I believe is the critters name , found it at Ace Hardware . Its like ( similar ) the stuff ChopperBill found it is cloth ,covered with polyethylene .......Ken

5erWonk

It is Nashua Flashing Tape, 6" wide and can be found at Home Depot. It has a white backing. It is best to clean the underbelly material well with alcohol before applying.

Another trick I used last time was to punch some small holes in the underbelly material on each side of the seam on 12" centers, then I used small zip ties to pull the seam together and stabilize....Then I laid down the tape over the seam, this was much easier.

HappyKayakers

I've been using the Nashau select flashing tape since Uncle Rog recommended it last year on these forums. Working great so far.

Loco

copy of my post last year about under tape

I have seen and talked to some folks that ask what to seal up the under cover on a trailer. You see dealers using Black duck tape. Which always comes lose with time. Well I have found the right tape to do it with and you do not have to order it or go to the RV dealer, You go to Home Depot. It works great. It is in the Duck tape area of Home depot. It is called Nashua SELECT Flashing tape. It is about 6 inches wide and a roll of about 75 FT for 20 dallors. It is made of Polymeric film and has a proprietary new butyl rubber adhesive adheres to most building surfaces and it does All I did was clean my under cover with mineral spirits cut the tape to fit, pull the backing off and stick it on. It works great. With the backing on it you can cut it to any shape you need to seal up holes around drain pipes ect. It is the best thing I have found so far. I did put it on when the under cover was warm. But it went on you can not pull it lose easy. Hope this will help folks out with their rigs under covers. __________________

Uncle Rog

Thanks HK, but I have to defer to MR Loco and R4F, MR Chopper, I have yet to pull the liner off on my time or dime. On my list of things to get, pretty long list, I need to get the Nashua product and the gorilla tape. Since the bottom of the tool box failed I know that I have some valuables rolling around down there some where..........

ChopperBill

I made a post about the tape I ordered from a regular under belly manufacture but it was some one else that suggested the Nashua flashing tape. Cant remember who. The Nashua tape is much better so lets give credit where credit is due. Who ever that was. :confused:

billd

I support the Nashua tape, I got some when they had to do a repair on my tank valves and replace the black tank. Works great.

Bill

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Underbelly Tape

OK - I can't let this one go! I looked at a local Home Depot EVERYWHERE for NASHUA SELECT flashing tape. Only in the plumbing department - I found plenty of Nashua brand duct tapes and a roll of Extreme Weather tape (foil looking -35 to 260 degrees), but nothing that remotely resembled what I think you guys are describing. Nothing anywhere near 6" wide. Nothing called Flashing Tape. :confused:

The 'associates' in the store were absolutely no help. WHERE in the store would they have it stocked? What color is it? How thick is it? It does have a paper backing, correct? :confused:

I appreciate you old pros! Thanks!

Mels Musty Music

HT - I have had the same experience. In our travels I have checked Home Depots in Washington, Oregon, California and Arizona with no luck. Also check Lowes and Ace but they tend to carry 3M products.
I think somebody (Bill or Bob) may have posted a web site but I can't find it anymore.
Hank

jbeletti

Here are search results for Nashua Select on this forum. Look at Loco's post in the results - he has a good description of the tape. Where to get it - I do not know.

Jim

DennisZ

When I bought my roll it was in the roofing section (as in roof flashing tape). Its been a while since I bought it, like many things at big box stores, they come and go.

Dennis

StevieWonder

Google it.

Buy it online.

Ship it to your home.

Questions ???? :)

(Gorilla tape is a GREAT substitute and IS sold at ALL Lowe's & Home Depot)

Delaine and Lindy

Well I will be going to Home Depol today. I was looking under the Landmark about a week ago and noticed a hole under the heating area (12" square) . Really didn't think to much about it because I had a problem with a heating duct and the dealership about 3 weeks before had to remove about 5 ft of extra pipe because it had a kink in it and cut the air flow off to the center duct. I knew we were going back to get the TV flashed and when we got there I ask them about the hole. Well to my surprise they said they didn't know anything about it. :mad: Needless to say I was very disappointed, I don't believe a word the service manager said. Therefore I want be going there again, you burn me once but not twice. However I will fix the hole myself, thanks for the advice on the tape will try to find it today. I made a temporary fix with 3 M duct tape. GBY.....

ChopperBill

OK - I can't let this one go! I looked at a local Home Depot EVERYWHERE for NASHUA SELECT flashing tape. Only in the plumbing department - I found plenty of Nashua brand duct tapes and a roll of Extreme Weather tape (foil looking -35 to 260 degrees), but nothing that remotely resembled what I think you guys are describing. Nothing anywhere near 6" wide. Nothing called Flashing Tape. :confused:

The 'associates' in the store were absolutely no help. WHERE in the store would they have it stocked? What color is it? How thick is it? It does have a paper backing, correct? :confused:

I appreciate you old pros! Thanks!
I had the same trouble. It was not with all the other tapes but about 20 feet away all by itself on the end of the isle. But it was still in the duct work area.

HarryT

Travelin Toews'
I am a brand new Bighorn 3055RL owner, haven't even slept in it yet, hope to get out in it real soon. I'm wondering what you're taping under the rig? Are you trying to seal the edges to keep the dust out? This is a big change for us, our old rig didn't even have any cover underneath just the painted frame. It looks like we have a lot to learn. We're looking forward to our first trip and are busy loading it up.