RESOLVED - Water Leak from Fwd AC unit (Road Warrior)

Howard56

I have a 2016 Heartland rw 425. When it rains (hard) I get water dripping (running) in through the AC vent. When I pull the vent off I can't visually see any holes. I'm in southern Maryland St Mary's county and we have a hurricane coming up the coast that could drop a lot of rain. I plan to get on the roof today to check the caulk around the unit. Any help or other ideas will be greatly appreciated. I'm a full timer and the dealer I bought from is 5 hours away and I can't afford to take it and drop it off for an extended period of time. Thanks for any help.

Bones

Re: ATF: Road Warrior - Water Leak from Fwd AC unit

I have a 2016 Heartland rw 425. When it rains (hard) I get water dripping (running) in through the AC vent. When I pull the vent off I can't visually see any holes. I'm in southern Maryland St Mary's county and we have a hurricane coming up the coast that could drop a lot of rain. I plan to get on the roof today to check the caulk around the unit. Any help or other ideas will be greatly appreciated. I'm a full timer and the dealer I bought from is 5 hours away and I can't afford to take it and drop it off for an extended period of time. Thanks for any help.
Have you run a hose up on the roof and had someone on the inside looking? Have you taken the grill off on the inside of the coach to look at the seal, can you see light? Water can travel many places and travel far away from point of entry so look all over on the roof.

hoefler

There are 4 long bolts that go through the ceiling bracket into the bottom of the A/C unit. The unit sets on a foam seal. Try snugging the 4 bolts equally, the torque value is 14 ft lbs. They should all be the same. It also could be over tightened. You can take them all loose and start over. While you are in there, look at the seal, make sure it is straight and not pooched out any where. There is no place to caulk on the seal.

Howard56

Found my leak, went up on the roof and half of the seal around the antenna was missing. When it pealed off it also tore some of the roof membrane off as well. Water was free to run under the roof and down the antenna wire lead. I caulked it really good (Doesn't look pretty) but it sealed the leak. All the rain we've had here in Maryland the past 4 days I haven't had any leaks. Now have to get the roof fixed permanently. I've been in contact with Heartland warranty people who have been more than receptive and helpful. I'll post some pic's soon as I figure out how to get them from my phone to my computer.

TxCowboy

Howard, send yourself an email from your phone with the photo attached. Then open the email on your computer. That's how I do it and it works great.