Finally got to take the new BH out!

GETnBYE

A fall trip to the smokie mtn. Area has always been a tradition for the first outing with a new unit.
We finally were able to find time to take our new BH3685 for the first camp out.
Could not get very good pictures, but here are a few.image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

travlingman

Nice looking rig. Congrats. Did pics come from River Plantation? We were there this past weekend and left yesterday morning.

GETnBYE

Nice looking rig. Congrats. Did pics come from River Plantation? We were there this past weekend and left yesterday morning.
yes, it was river plantation. We saw several Heartland's there, but never saw anyone outdoors. Small world!

GETnBYE

:eek: Ain't she pretty :eek: How'd she pull? Love River Plantation ;)
Thanks Byrd! Pulled great. We spent most of our trip working on things like finding a rug (no luck yet), spraying foam insulation, working on getting cable TV working(still no luck there), find a door stop solution for a couple of doors that won't stay in the open position. Just small things. I guess Wayne will say the tv is a BIG THING, LOL and learning to use convection oven. We are thinking the cable splitter in the L/R may be bad.
I think we went to Home Depot and lowes more than anywhere else.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Check the plate in the bedroom . . . this is where we found the fault in our cable issue!

Just sayin' . . .

GETnBYE

Check the plate in the bedroom . . . this is where we found the fault in our cable issue!

Just sayin' . . .
Odd thing is that the bedroom TV has a great picture, it must be coming in somewhere not having to do with the living room TV. But THANKS for the suggestion! We are hoping many more chime in until we find the fix.

JohnD

Odd thing is that the bedroom TV has a great picture, it must be coming in somewhere not having to do with the living room TV. But THANKS for the suggestion! We are hoping many more chime in until we find the fix.

We had perfect over the air antenna TV to the bedroom, but no cable.

Off of the same input!

pegmikef

On my BH there are two outlets in the living room. One is for the satellite receiver and the other is for both the over the air antenna or cable, whichever you are using at the time. You might try swapping them if you haven't already done so. . . run the cable directly to the TV and not through any intermediary sound system or dvd player if it is so connected.

GregP

We had TV to the living room in our BH, but no bedroom TV. Dealer couldn't find problem, but I tried switching the cable connector at the box in the bedroom closet and VOILA! we now have TV in both rooms. I am definitely no techie, but you might want to try that if you have not already.

GETnBYE

We unhooked everything from the splitters and the bedroom TV still had reception, so it has to be coming in from another source. We did find that it does split behind the udc so imfeel sure that is why the bedroom is not involved.

as for the livingroom, when we bypass the splitter, which we assume goes to the outside entertainment system and go directly to the l/r TV, we get a good picture, has to be the splitter.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Door Stop solution - went to a hardware store and got door stops that have magnets. They are hard to find but if you keep looking, you can find them. The magnets are so strong that we leave the bedroom door open and it doesn't move while traveling.
Hope to see ya'll at the KY rally.

GETnBYE

Door Stop solution - went to a hardware store and got door stops that have magnets. They are hard to find but if you keep looking, you can find them. The magnets are so strong that we leave the bedroom door open and it doesn't move while traveling.
We have that type of door stop on the bedroom, but the laundry door open up to the entry/exit door. We have q very limited spot to attach any door stops. We are still on the wait list for MY rally, not heard anything so it didn't look good thus far.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Anita - email Ken. I think there is someone else who couldn't get into the rally campground but went down the street to another campground. I don't know who it is or which campground but that might be an option. Also don't know what Valerie and Malcolm might be doing as far as coming. Their camper might be out of commission since the accident. He has posted on the TN rally site that they might stay in a cabin instead of the camper.

jbeletti

Anita (and Wayne) - congrats on getting out with the new BH!

If you make it to the KY or TN rallies - I'll figure out your TV wiring issue. I'm pretty good at that. But sounds like the splitter like you said.

JohnD

We went to the Home Depot in Cheyenne, Wyoming while camping on the 4th of July Weekend 2015 and found the magnetic door stop thingies . . .

It is awesome, although I'd like to find one a little longer as the current one holds the door too close to the wall and doesn't allow air flow from the open window that is behind the door!

That being said, the magnet is strong enough that we leave the door open and stuck to the magnet while on the road.

I'll take photos if anyone wants them . . .