Problem With Interior Wall

POCOHORSE

Troy & Tracy Chaddon
I also posted this on the General Forum to look for advice. We have had our 2010 North Trail 26RKS in storage in our backyard since last August. Don't get me started on our lack of camping this year...LOL...just haven't gotten to it. Anyway, we are going to use it this weekend so we took off the cover, washed it and treated the roof like we do every year. Everything on the outside looks great. Upon further inspection on the inside I found these strange bumps on the inside wall beside and to the right of the kitchen window. They are hard things behind the wallpaper. The interior wall does not seem soft and there is nothing obvious on the outside that would make these bumps. Today I found a smallish water stain on the floor between the kitchen cabinets and the slideout about 3-4 inches away from the wall. No softness detected in the floor or wall. We have had a lot of rain this spring here in Oklahoma so it could have just been a little leakage around the slideout-hopefully. My husband worked at an RV dealership in the service department and has not seen anything like this. I would greatly appreciate any advice or comments as to would could cause this.
Thanks in advance for your help!

Attachments

• IMG_1478.jpg
    IMG_1478.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_1475.jpg
    IMG_1475.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_1476.jpg
    IMG_1476.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_1477.jpg
    IMG_1477.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 88

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Those are caused by water infiltration, we had the same problem in our Landmark. If there is a window above them that is probably the source. Contact dealership for repairs and they will make it look like new for ours did that for us and Heartland was great with the repair, NO COST to us.
Good luck. Temp fix would be to dry them out with a hair drier and roll them down as drying.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Re: Problem With Interior Wall on North Trail

Hey Tracy, sorry to hear of your "pimples". I have seen this on my 2010 ElkRidge, but it was within the first year of ownership. It was on our back wall. Heartland authorized replacement of the interior wall board, and our dealer took care of it. Has not appeared anywhere else though. Don't know the cause. Hopefully others will chime in, or try calling HL customer service to see if hey have seen this on other 2010s and see if it's a defect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

POCOHORSE

Troy & Tracy Chaddon
Thanks for the reply. Our trailer is out of warranty so we will have to either fix it ourselves or see if it gets worse. Do you know what cause the bumps? They are hard now so will the hair dryer trick still work?

POCOHORSE

Troy & Tracy Chaddon
The kitchen window is beside the affected area. The problem is about 3 inches beside the window. Between the window and the wall on the back side of the trailer. Not quite convinced water could have come in from the window and gone sideways. My husband is going to reseal the seam on the roof where the roof and the back wall come together and also around the tail lights. I hope this is the extent of the damage. Update: my husband popped one of the smaller ones under the cabinet and there was nothing behind the wallpaper making the bump. He used a hair dryer on an unpopped one and it got larger. Hair dryer on the popped one made it smaller. Any thoughts?

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Sounds like water intrusion to me. HL only caulks the top of all windows, Have hubby clean all the old caulking off the windows and re-caulk the top and down the sides. Caulking the bottoms will cause a bigger problems.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Yes these water intrusion pimples do get hard and YES the hair dryer method with pressure to push down rise will help some. My pimples where also off to one side of the window so don't think water cant travel adjacent to where it comes in. If it came in from roof it would be higher on the wall below window tells me it is the window. Re-caulk roof and try to reduce pimples with hairdryer. Also try a call to heartland and see what they say about warranty, cant hurt.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Murry is correct on water intrusion. Water can travel anywhere and not just where you think it can. If the trailer is not level front to back or side to side, water will travel to the lowest point. Water leaks in walls or roofs are at best very difficult to find. Being your trailer is at least 5 years old now. It needs to be re-caulked from front to rear on the roof and all the sides needs to be done including all the windows.

POCOHORSE

Troy & Tracy Chaddon
Thank you for the comments everyone! My DH has cleaned and resealed the top edge of the roof with self leveling sealer. I will kindly suggest he reseal the window. He was able to get some of the pimples to go down with the hair dryer but some of the larger ones remain. When we were out this weekend, we also found water damage to the side wall the dinette. The lower edge of the outer side of the dinette about 2-4 inches from the floor. Found a loose fitting on the water pump that must have leaked water to that area. Arhh!! There is also a very small about of damage to the other side of the dinette too. These are the side that face the couch. It must have leaked many months back because one of the screws that hold the panel on is corroded green. Might call Heartland to see how much they charge for a replacement but I'm sure it will be high. The wood is not soft or soggy a the floor seems fine so me might just deal with it. The trailer was mostly level and covered while it was in storage.