New BH 3055 in CO

Fishingicon

New BH 3055
We picked up our BH 3055 last Friday and took it home (about 100 mi -dealer to our place). Spent thru today getting it clean to our liking and loaded. So far it is exceeding our expectations.
We have a couple short shake-down cruises scheduled in the next few weeks.
We will then head North to MT for July and then do the Alaska trip in Aug & Sep.

Fishingicon,

Congratulations on the BH. We also have a 3055RL, and we're loving it. Getting ready for a 2 week trip from Corvallis MT to Idaho, Utah, N.AZ, Grand Junction, Yellowstone.
I see that your S/N is 9440, that's the closest I've seen to ours - #9388. Ours appears to have been made with good quality control and engineering.
Also noticed the 32 years of military service. That beats my 27 years of AF and Army Reserve. During my AF time, I was stationed at Cheyenne Mountain. And later we lived in Elizabeth Colorado for 17 years, so I'm famiiar with the Colorado Springs area.

Have a great time traveling and enjoying you Bighorn.

Jim

rjr6150

Fishingicon
First off congratulations on the new purchase. I'm guessing your bought from K&C RV. We took delivery of our new 3400RL three weeks ago and so far love it with a few minor problems. Since you have the handle of fishingicon I have to ask what type. I may work for a company you do business with Cabela's in the fly fishing area at corporate.

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
Congratulations! We are picking ours up on May 9. Can't wait. I would like to purchase a Tempurapedic foam topper, 4 inches thick is what I have been advised to get. Could someone tell me what are the dimensions of the King bed in the 3055? Thanks.

Goldenbetty,

The measurements for the king size bed are: 70 X 80 inches. That is the actual size that I measured and what is published in the Hartland literature. Good luck with your new purchase, I know you will like it.

Jim

Fishingicon

Randy,
I am not a purest when it comes to fishing = like all types, and almost any species. On my Alaska trip I plan to take my float tube for along the way fishing. Then a couple chatrers when I get up there. Over the years have helped subsidize Cabelas! Great store.

Fishingicon

We just bought the memory foam 4" topper at COSCO. King size for our "king size RV bed" = had to trim about 4" off one side but now it fits great and is a vast improvement.

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
Mattress Topper

I really hesitate to buy the Tempurapedic - $349. We don't have a Cosco in New Orleans. Any other suggestions about where to buy it? Thanks for your input and advice. I suppose I better get one because I've heard the mattress isn't that comfortable.