order info

jtcfishing

Just a quick question I ordered a landmark Augusta the 1st of march from a dealer in Decatur, AL (Kountry Mile Campers) just keep getting the song and dance about delivery date was told 1st week in April when ordered now maybe 1st week in may was told factory was having parts issues! Just looking for a time frame? Thanks for any help!

truknutt

Committed Member
Here is a thread from another Landmark owner just 3 weeks ago. As I understand it, the process is just as if you were ordering a new car or truck; the longest duration of time is spent ensuring that all the parts and pieces are available for your particular unit before the actual build starts.

Usually if there is VIN available, then it's probably a good bet your Rig is in the queue! I seem to recall someone on this forum saying that the actual build time is 1 week; I may be misspeaking though. Jim B. will probably chime in with the facts.

The next time hurdle is the transportation time from factory to your dealership.

Suffice to say we have all experienced the anticipation you are feeling. I assure you that it will be well worth the wait! :p

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Well put, TrukNutt! "Well worth the wait!"

I ordered my Cyclone Jan 8 at a show. I was told Feb 15 I would have it. Due to an option I chose being unavailable from the factory, I opted to take the exact rig that I (along with God only knows how many others) toured and tested at the show. Traded the unavailable dual pane windows for heated tanks and the dealer installed them and all the other options I desired. The dealer had my rig in their possession the entire time, and I 'finally' was able to pick up the Cyclone March 8. Been in it since March 9 - "Well worth the wait!"

Enjoy yours like I am mine! Heartland 5ers!! Whoo-hoo!

beardedone

Beardedone
We have ordered an Augusta but what we are wondering is how much notice you have prior to delivery. We have to travel quite a distance to pick it up and have a time frame because I still have a schedule to keep (sort of). We are planning on meeting my relatives where the delivery takes place and meet more on the trip home. So more then one couple is involved. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Plus how long do dealers usually take to P.D.I. these units.

thanksNone

jbeletti

Hi Gerry and Rose,

This is a good question for your ordering dealer. They will know when your trailer is scheduled to go online (day 1 of assembly) and when it is scheduled to be offline (out the door and over to the transportation lot).

Armed with that information, your dealer will be able to estimate when the unit will be delivered to their shop. In many cases, dealers handle their own transportation. In other cases, it goes into a pool where other contract haulers handle the delivery to the dealer. Either way, your dealer can project this with an accuracy of a week - I'd guess.

But, if you "just" ordered it, it may be too far out for them to have a read on it just yet. Make sure your dealer has your cell phone number and instruct them to keep in close contact with you on the scheduling, build and delivery of your unit.

How long a dealer takes himself to PDI a unit is quite variable. My guess is from a few hours to a few days. But that is without factory in any lead-time. he may have other trailers on his lot ahead of yours.

You should plan a couple hours to an entire day for your own PDI, depending on your knowledge of RVs, how much time you actually have that day and how extensive a PDI list you plan to use.

It is incumbent upon you to thoroughly familiarize yourself with all the systems and workings of your new trailer. Skipping your own PDI or doing a really quick one is not advised. Set yourself up for success and many days of happy camping from the start. :)

Best of luck and congratulations on your order.

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Gerry and Rose,

Jim nailed it on the PDI. My dealer would - and could - have been finished with the PDI in less than an hour...if it was up to him. It's not. That inspection is for you. Of course, they had their own PDI list and had plenty of time to go over it prior to even calling me up. I had even sent them a copy of the list I would be using - the same one John (jpmorgan37) listed on the forum.

Being a first timer, and armed with a wealth of knowledge learned from reading this forum, I spent almost 9 hours going over the Cyclone. My wife was exhausted (and had even gone home for a couple of hours), but I was on a mission! Mine had been the show model, so there were a few small issues that were definitely not from any factory mistakes. As I would point them out, they were very quick to repair. Mostly, I just needed to know how everything worked, so I checked everything out. I told them up front, I would sign nothing until I was satisfied. I'm the one paying for it and I'm the one living in it, so until I'm ready - the PDI is not over.

The ball's in your court for the PDI, they will play by your rules! Enjoy the Heartland!

beardedone

Beardedone
Thanks for the replies. It looks like about 8 weeks to delivery judging from other threads so we will wait until a little closer to see when the dealer gets notification that it is on the assembly line.