Rear Stabalizer Jacks

Electric rear stabalizer jacks will not extend. The motor does not make any sound at all. Is there a fuse somewhere for these jacks?

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Hi Doug,
Yes there should be a fuse for that in your fuse box which is next to your 110 breaker panel inside your unit. They are spade type fuses if you need to replace one. It's a good idea to have some on hand.

Check out this thread //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=3261&highlight=fuse+panel

Good luck,

Mark

dtomlinson

I've got the electric rear jacks on my Sundance. Mine also did not lower (no sound), but would try to raise. I knew there was power to switch, since they would raise but not lower. I pulled switch out and cleaned up the connection spades to the switch and now it works both ways.

The switch connections are sticking out inside of sidewall, where all the slop from wheels are kicked up on them. This is a very poor setup. Mine corroaded all up after one trip! They should be in a connection box or otherwise protected from road slop.

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
The switch connections are sticking out inside of sidewall, where all the slop from wheels are kicked up on them. This is a very poor setup. Mine corroaded all up after one trip! They should be in a connection box or otherwise protected from road slop.

I agree, will have to check mine out, when I get home from work in the morning.
Fred

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Just a helpful hint. After you you clean the connectors, apply some Dielectric grease on the terminals. The GM part # is 12377900. Yes it will work on Fords and Dodges. I did put it on all the exposed connectors on the coach, even the trailer plug in. Also you can put it on all light bulb terminals to reduce the heat at the socket and corrosion. My nickles worth. Bob:D

Re: Rear Stabalizer jacks

We left the rear stabilizers on when we had the Level-Up installed, and I'm glad we did. The rear Level-Up legs are installed just behind the rear tires...this leaves a long overhang to the tailend of the trailer, which caused a small bit of side-to-side movement at the back of the trailer. The stabilizers take the last little bit of what I call "tail wiggle" out and our unit is rock solid now.

P.S. Just a thought, does your 3370 have hydraulic front legs?..if so I would not remove the JT's. After installing Level-Up we had to add Steadyfast to stop the wobble on the front landing gear....if you have them on the rear electric jacks, I'd leave them there also.

I have a theory about the mounting of the Level-Up rear legs. If I can, I plan to have mine installed in front of the wheels and use the rear electric stabilizers. My theory is that the bulk of the weight of the trailer (kitchen, underbelly storage and bedroom/bathroom) is all located between the wheels and the front legs, so the Level-Up legs or Big Foot legs would be used to support most of the weight and the stabilizers would only have to....stabilize. I'm not an engineer but it makes sense to me. Jim B's demo coach is configured this way too.

Kathy, I know you have the six leg system, but I'm not sure which one I'm going to decide on yet. If I decide on the 6 leg, I won't much of a decision to make. If I go with the Big Foot four leg or a Lippert 4 legger, I will. I noticed today that Quadra (Big Foot) now offers a limited lifetime warranty on their legs.