Air Conditioner Fan won't work

Hey there, we just bought our 3490bhs in February and we love it so far. I was testing everything on the maiden voyage and found that the fan for the A/C (Dometic) would not run. The compressor will run, but not the fan. If I just turn the fan switch from auto to on it will click 1 time but not start. I checked the 3 amp fuse and it was OK.

Any suggestions?

Greg

Forrest Fetherolf

Greg,
It sounds like wiring problem. possibilty in the theromstat. The fan wire or fan swith may not be connected properly. The more serious problem could be the A/C fan motor is bad, but less likely. If the A/C compressor motor will run, and the furnace will ignite and furnace blower turn on, then the problem is isulated to the thermostat AC fan wiring or fan.

There are ways you can trouble shoot by jumping thermostat wiring depending on you electrical wiring skills. Jumping the "R" terminal to the "G" momentairly on the thermostat should start the A/C fan motor, if starts.....thermostat is a problem, if doesn"t start......wiring to A/C or A/C fan motor is bad.

Forrest

It seems to be working...

I took the cover off the thermostat, flipped the switch, and it came on. I think it was just a loose wire somewhere that I haven't found yet, or, there was not enough current to get the thing going. I had it on low when I was trying to get it going, and when it fired up, I had flipped the switch to high. Anyway it seems to be working now. I'm headed to Townsend, TN tomorrow afternoon for the rest of the week. A little fishing for me, shopping for the wife, playground for the little boy (4 1/2).

Thanks for the help
Greg