Bubble on roof

fritzwell

Cleaning roof today before storing for winter, found a bubble in the roofing material approximately 2" x1 1/2". What's the proper fix, or should I just keep an eye on it next season ?

Manzan

Little bubbles I would not worry about. I had an '82 Buick with and padded roof and big bubbles. Head mechanic at the dealership took a hypodermic needle and let the air out. Ended the problem and did not cause any more problems when I got rid of it seven years later. Don't know how that would work on a trailer roof. I had several small bubbles on my 21fbs, ignored them and they went away.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
On a warm day, try pressing it down gently. The spray adhesive underneath may hold it down. As others have said, small ones are not uncommon and fairly harmless unless they grow. Trace

RoadJunkie

I just stay off the roof...don't know what is up there. If the bubble concerns you, poke a pin hole to let the air out, then use the same hole to inject silicone sealant. I used a small wallpaper roller to smooth the silicone throughout the area.