Status Request for Bicycle Rack

jbeletti

Hi Scott,

Can you please update the forum on the status of Heartland's efforts with Lippert (or whomever) on a 2" receiver hitch option for the Landmarks and Bighorns for use with a bike rack (not for towing)?

Specific questions I have:

1. Is this now available as an orderable option? If so, what is the option number and the approximate MSRP?

2. Is this available as a retro-fit for coaches that have already been built? For retro-fits, would this be a DIY installation or professional only? Is welding requires for the retro-fit or will it bolt-on?

Thanks Scott,

Jim

Scott

Bike rack reciever

Regarding the bike rack receiver, the system that Lippert was working on is not available yet, and that project has kind of lost some traction around here with all of the other model change stuff coming through. So obviously, it is not an option. I wouldn't give up on it - it just has slid down the priority scale.
In the meantime, I know a number of HL owners have had bike and other receivers added to their coaches by dealers who are experienced at it.

ST

Stella

Rally Survivor
We had our dealer install a 2" receiver for the bike rack. It's only bolted on so the thought of towing anything is quickly dismissed. We also use it to mount our telescoping flagpole in when we are on the road. The dealer did drop the "belly" to mount it. The only problem we had was because of the power landing gear its too far in and we had to use an extension. It was an expensive way to use our existing bike rack but I didn't like the idea of hanging the bikes on the ladder with that big picture window there. Hauling the bikes on the back is much nicer than throwing them in the truck bed too.

I had had my dealer get one put on for me. It is weilded to the frame and has a note on it NOT FOR TOWING I have not used it yet but look like a great way to go. It cost me about $350

Herb

Does having a third party add a rear end bike rack hitch make the trailer warrranty void? I have heard taht some manufactureres wil void their warranties if thisd is done.
Heliflyer Herb