Roof sealant

osims

bsims
I think the only approved sealant is Dicor rubber roof sealant, but I could be wrong , someone else will probably weigh in.

SmokeyBare

There are probably several brand names out there....

Camping world has one I have used... and it worked well for me.

I seen other brands there as well. Be sure it's approved for Rubber Roof use... I also noted they have some that are considered " Self Leveling " and some that do not flatten out when squirted out of the tube. I even seen they sell a 2.4 # can that can be brushed on the roof.
ProFlex RV Flexible Sealant

http://www.campingworld.com/browse/...Flex-RV-Flexible-Sealant/prodID=3245:src=UPSE

Tom of Ypsi

I was at Camping World today (Savannah, Ga) and they had a teaching session going on for employees on this subject. I listened in and the recommendation was Dicor Lap Sealant. This is a self leveling caulk for rubber roofs or for your trim. I was in CW looking to see if they had an off door side front hydraulic jack. Mine decided to take a crap, will not hold pressure, leaving me stranded and Lippert has them on back order. I am suppose to be in NC tomorrow to meet my brother who is coming from Michigan. Looks like he is going to have fun and I am stuck here.

Tom of Ypsi

John, Thanks for the info. My other problem besides the jack not supporting the coach is that while driving down the road the jack slowly falls down. I did not know this and heard a clanging sound while driving on I-95, pulled over and the jack was about 1" or so from dragging the pavement. Ten miles or so later pulled over just to make sure and the jack came down about 2". Any suggestions there?

jpmorgan37

Tom;

I would disconnect the hydraulic line to that jack and plug the line. Then just tie wrap or secure the jack or even remove it and press on to NC,

Forrest Fetherolf

Geocel ProFlex caulking sealant is approved for rubber roofs and RVs as per tech specs. The other is Geocel RV ProFlex (Camping World), but the tech specs do not say approved for rubber roofs. Most likely both are the same. The self leveling sealants are recommended for flat surfaces, not for uneven joints such as nose cone to rubber roof or verticle surfaces.

Forrest

Tom of Ypsi

John, Thanks again, I just may try this. To all of the others, sorry about hijacking a part of this thread.

Forest, The gentleman doing the teaching said the Dicor Lap Sealant would work on any surface, vertical or horizontal. I do not know for sure and maybe he is just trying to increase sales on this product.

jbeletti

Tom,

On another forum (5thwheelforum I think), I saw where a guy strapped his falling jack up in some way. Ran a cable through a hole near the foot then up into the LP tank area I think. Just a stop gap measure of course.

Hey - come to Elkhart, you can get anything fixed here. Fivernine decided to join us for this Elkhart RV.net rally on their way back to TN and he ended up getting his rig repaired while in town. It gets shot with paint today.

Travel safe Tom (and Judy) and hope you can get limped into a service center soon. Maybe call Jim Fenner at Heartland if you have not already done so. He may know of the nearest shop that can do the install for you unless you plan to do it yourself.

Jim