Mor-ryde IS with disc brakes

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We just had the Mor-ryde IS suspension system with never lube bearings and disc brakes installed on our Landmark Golden Gate. After towing from Indiana to Texas with the new system we are totally happy with the change. The unit tows smoother and stopping it is a breeze. We do not have to worry about wheel bearing lubrication and there is only one grease fitting on the rear of the suspension that will need gease once a year. Mor-ryde installed the system at their Elkhart Indiana facility and that company is a class act, treating their customers over and above what they have to. We highly recommend them to anyone considering suspension changes. The disc brake system they install is great also as it uses standard brake pads, calipers and rotors that can be purchased at any reputable auto parts store. (not specility items) So ease of servicing is a great factor should the brakes ever need it.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
I was considering the same thing you have done. Good to know that it works. I can't afford to have brake fade on my trailer...and the never lube hubs are a definite plus. They will save $200+ a year in maintenance that I don't have to do.

Thanks.

grizzlygiant

I have heard that there is a significant delay from the time braking is applied until the calipers close and actual braking begins. Does your system behave this way??

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
I have a Landmark Mt. Rushmore that we put the Hydraulic disk brakes and do have a two second delay but are very happy with the brake system, they do not fade and have smoother and better brakes than the electric magnetic system. I was at first apprehensive about the delay but after getting use to them I would not go back

Don

Blessed

I would second everything jmgratz said. We have had our Mor/Ryd IS and disc brakes for 2 years. I use a BrakeSmart controller and I do not have any delay.

Cooper

OK I give up how much does the Mor/ride disc brake system and the neverlube set up cost.
By chance do you have a parts list so we can purchase and install the system ourself.

Forrest Fetherolf

I have a Landmark Mt. Rushmore that we put the Hydraulic disk brakes and do have a two second delay but are very happy with the brake system, they do not fade and have smoother and better brakes than the electric magnetic system. I was at first apprehensive about the delay but after getting use to them I would not go back

A 2 second delay is an excessive amount of time for trailer brakes to activate, they should be instantaneously with the TV brakes. 60 miles per hour = 88 feet per second x 2 seconds = 168' traveled before trailer brakes activate. I would think that you controller is not functioning properly and you have a very unsafe condition.

Forrest

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I do not have any delay and have a Prodigy controller. As far as the cost you need to check with Mor-ryde. I do not believe they will sell the parts without installation. Mor-ryde is very particular about quality control and warranty issues.

Cooper

From Drum to Disc Brakes

Thanks for the info. I went on Mor/ryde site and they buy their parts from Kodiak Trailers. I submited a request for a kit price they show. I also found the kit on Ebay but, you still have to call for a price. I have read their installation instruction and it looks pretty straight forward.

Cooper

Mor/Ryde Disc Brake Kit

Total cost of the disc Brake kit for my GG from Mor/Ryde is $1839.00 + freight. I talked to Gary Wheeler. He also mentioned that the system was not compatible with the intergrated brake system of Ford or Chevy. You will have to change to a prodigy brake controller or you will get a delay in braking.