Fan-Tastic Vent start problem

ringhanger

I have two of the Fan-Tastic Vents in our unit. Both will run in "manual mode" but not off the Honeywell Thermostat. One unit did eventually start after about 40 minutes (this only happened once). I had both units on today for over three hours and neither started. The set point on the thermostat was 65 degrees and the trailer temperature was at 78 degrees. I do hear a click when the thermostat is raised past the trailer temp. so I think the thermostat is recognizing the ambient temp.
I know it is not a power problem since they run in manual. From Fan-Tastic Vent web site it looks like I have the model 2000TS, not real sure because I can't find a model number on the inside of the trailer.
These are in a 2009 3370RL if this makes any difference.
I contacted Fan-Tastic Vent tech help and other than asking for further info (which I gave them) I am still waiting for a reply.
Any insight would help

K

Ken Washington

Have you turned the thermostat all the way down to see if they will start? If they do, it is the thermostat that is not reading the temperature right!

Ken

boatdoc

I called FV and was shipped another t-stat in 2 days as we were leaving for a long trip. Ours is an 09 3670. They had a shipping label with the new one to send back the old. He stated they had some others that week that were having problems. Your's is doing the same as ours was. New stat, no problem.

ChopperBill

Some times the lid will stick and cause it to stop before it starts. :confused: I just cycle the switch a couple of times and it generally pops loose.

ringhanger

I will continue to work with FV tech group. Sounds like I may have some of the bad thermostats. I have tried cycling the thermostat and all the different postions. Since the unit works when opened by hand I don't think it is a sticking prolem.
Thanks for the quick responses.

ringhanger

Just wanted to say the problem has been solved. Installed two new thermostats sent from Fan Tastic Vent company. All is okay now. Looks like the thermostats were defective. Thanks Boatdoc for your suggestion.

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
I have the same problem. I entered it in another thread as I didn't see this one when I did a search. Guess I better add to my list for my dealer as I fit the Dometic recall as well. Jim, could you close my other thread, thanks Doug.