Water in the hold

Peteandsharon

So..... We finally got our new BH 3055 home and began going through the systems, checking everything out. In checking the shower I discovered, to my dismay, that I have an apparent leak. There is an access portal right below the handles which was not screwed in tightly. Water was apparently getting in through that panel and was leaking down into the pass through storage area below. I took the plate off and readjusted a small O ring to try to fix the seal. After tightening it I once again sprayed water around that area. This did not seem to fix the problem completely. The dealer is coming by tomorrow to take a look at it. I just wanted to know if anyone else has had issues with that access panel leaking. Thanks in advance. PeteNone

StevieWonder

Leaks in the shower have been an all-too-common problem. There are several threads about the subject. You can use the "search" tool to find them. Several different locations within the shower and several different fixes but a common problem. I wish Heartland would break down and caulk the entire shower. It might cost $20 more but it beats the hassle of dealing with wet areas caused from easily avoided leakage.

Yep- I had a similar problem. Seemed that the flexible hose to the shower head was leaking at it's connection on top of the faucet, running down the wall to the access cover and then finding it's way inside. Water would appear on the floor coming from under the base. I tightened the faucet fitting and then teflon taped the threads on the access cover.

Peteandsharon

Thanks guys. My access cover was so loose that it popped off without unscrewing it. After resetting the O ring and retightening it it seemed not to have fixed the problem. However, I now believe that the water that I was seeing after retightening was just residual water from the first leak. It now looks like the leak has stopped (please please). My first thought was to run a bead of caulk around the edge of the access panel if it continued to leak but I like the idea of taping or doping the threads better. That'll be my next approach if the leak reappears. My previous rig was a Sunnybrook travel trailer and I fought a shower leak for the whole 8 years that I owned it. I didn't want to jump right into a similar issue with the BH. Thanks again. Pete

Peteandsharon

OK. I stand corrected again. For one thing, the shower does continue to leak. It just took a while to work it's way down. But on top of that, I have another leak. When I fill the fresh water tank, I get a leak around where the fresh water drain hose is. It is not coming out of the drain hose but at the place where the drain hose sticks out of the underbelly. Back to the dealer it goes.

Uncle Rog

Pete, it took me a while to figure out the tub access leak, I sealed it up with silicone, done deal. The liner leak is probably from the water heater connections, mine was, easy fix.........................

Peteandsharon

Well, I just did the silicone myself. Put it on thick around where the O ring sits on the panel. Not sure if this will keep it from being opened if and when I do need to get back in there but one problem at a time, I guess. My other leak seems to be a little downstream from the water heater. On the 3055 the water heater is right next to the pass through door and the fresh water drain tube is about 3 feet closer to the middle of the coach. It is right next to the forward part of the main slide out.

I also had a leak at the shower faucet where water would run down the wall and through the holes drilled for the faucet to attach to the shower. Took it apart and silcone the holes inside the faucet.

vrugt

Pete. I had a similar problem: water leaking from the belly.
I took a couple of screws out of the belly and drained the water.
It seems the water from the prior leaks accumulated in the belly and finally starts to drip out next to the two hoses that come down from the belly.

jpmorgan37

Another situation that can cause water to drip from the underbelly is towing on wet roads. Every time I tow in the rain or on wet roads, I have water dripping from the underbelly. I have cut several drain "doors" to get it out faster.

John

Peteandsharon

Thanks guys. No towing was involved in my leak and it was directly in response to things I was doing. When I sprayed water around the access panel in the shower I would see it about a half hour later at the at the door to the pass through storage. The other one was simply when I filled the fresh water tank. It's at the dealer now. I hope to have fixed the access panel myself with silicone. The dealer is assuming I either have a vent leak or a line leak on the fresh water tank. Both should be fixed this week sometime.

GaryB

Another situation that can cause water to drip from the underbelly is towing on wet roads. Every time I tow in the rain or on wet roads, I have water dripping from the underbelly. I have cut several drain "doors" to get it out faster.
John

John, Any idea where the water is entering the belly? Would it be prevented by caulking around any pipe cutouts, etc.? I'm picking up my 3055RL next week and would rather not have to deal with any type of water intrusion.

Thanks
Gary

jpmorgan37

Gary;

I looked at the possibility of sealing the edges of the underbelly covering, and my opinion is that I might be able to slow it down, but due to the flexing of the covering, I don't think that any sealer or caulking would keep it sealed. My drain doors will usually take care of the problem in a day or two. I haven't had any problem with it now in over two years.

John

Cybercamper

Landmark Owner
I dealt with the shower leaking problem for weeks. I finally found that the water was entering the top of the fixture, trying to fill the fixture housing and then spilling out through the holes in the shower enclosure where the water pipes are attached to the fixture. I caulked the top of the fixture and drilled a couple of small drain holes at the bottom of the fixture just in case. I have not had any water leak since.

Peteandsharon

Ok, so I get my coach back from the dealer and he tells me that technically I don't have a leak. Apparently what happened was that I filled the tank beyond full. Depending on the level of the coach, if you keep filling the tank it will spill out the vent. This is apparently what was happening to me. This is a little worrisome since you can't see how close you are getting to full. If this happens consistently I fear that we will start getting mold or water damage around the area of the vent since it is spilling inside the underbelly of the coach. Has anyone else run into this and does this seem right to you guys? Thanks, Pete

Handy

A Florida camper
I also had a leak in my shower. I finally found that the water was entering the top of the fixture and leaking into the underside of the RV. The water was going down the fixture into the hole the flex tube came out. There is no way the seal that was in there ever worked or would ever work so out it came. All I did was turn the fixture over so the water would not leak in the hole. and if somehow any water that could get in would leak back out the bottem into the shower