Brakes

shaneandtammymoore

Shane & Tammy
I know alot of these issues have been brought up before. Has anyone else been dissapointed with the braking ability of the BH. I have an 06 3055 RL and just am not happy with the brakes. I plan on replacing them next week. I have had one to lock up on me and burn the pads completely off. Did get that one replaced for free. My dealer now sells the lippert setup that is complete with backing plate, shoes, and a new magnet. Any advice for me here would be appreciated.

Forrest Fetherolf

I have pulled a 06 3600RL over 23,000 miles with no braking problems. I replaced 2 inter seals @ about 20,000 miles, the brake wear was about 1/16". The brakes are adequate to do the job provided you have a good brake controller, the brakes are adjusted properly, and you drive sensibly. It sounds like your burned out brake problem was due to tight brake adjustment or over braking.

Forrest

ChopperBill

I HATE drum brakes! If I were President they would be illegal! ;)
I have never figured out why the didnt become obsolete years ago. They are a bugger to repair and have twice the parts in them. Having to adjust them is a stone age procedure. It seems to me that once set up a manufacture could put on disc brakes faster and cheaper.

Tankie

Drum brakes are a pain! I know that NU-WA has them as an option on their units I wish Heartland offered them. Does anyone know if you can replace them with disc?

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
Had hydraulic disc brakes put on my Landmark, the factory had them installed for me before delivery. I believe Recreational Specialty in Elkhart installed them for Heartland.

Don

Correction, I have been reminded that My dealer was the one that arranged to have the disc brakes put on the trailer before it was shipped but it can be done.

Last edited:

Tankie

Ordered a 3670RL 4 weeks ago will have to call dealer and see if it is to late to have disc brakes put on. If to late will have to see if I can find a shop to replace them. thanks Don for your info.

Lonnie