where to put things in BH 3055

waynet

Hi all
We are getting our rig this week and will be showing our cat Skits his new home. What I'm wondering is where do I put his litter and food and water dishes? DH said it will be all trial and error:( but I thought I would ask some people that have already gone through trial and error. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. By the way we've been reading this forum for a while now and have gotten a lot of good info.Great forum,thank you, Di T.

Clark

Dianna, congratulations on you new BH3055 and congratulations on your pending retirement. As to your question, we put our dog food and water dishes in the open space below the computer desk area. Fits nicely in there and is out of the way. No, we haven't set up the desk as a computer station/work area in our BH so it doesn't get in the way of our feet while sitting at the desk.
Clark

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We don't have a 3055 or a cat but we do have a dog. We buy 20# bags of food and keep 10# in a tote in the basement and 10# in a tote under the sink. I would suggest using the closet where the W/D goes for the litter box. Another spot might be under the chair in the corner of the dinette area. We don't use that chair so??? When we did have a cat, changing or cleaning the litter daily eliminated any odor. Enjoy your 3055.

Di T,

In our 3055RL, we put the litter box in the closet where the washer/dryer would be installed. We attached a large black plastic bag to the hanger rod as a partition from the litter box and the clothes in the closet. Keep the sliding mirrored door open enough for the cat and he should be in business - or doing his business.
We keep the dog and cat food in containers on the floor of the undercounter kitchen cabinet that is accessable from the living room.
The food and water bowls are at the end of the kitchen counter under the extension top. Not really a good place because we have occassionally kicked the water bowl and had to clean up some water. The bowls do sit on a plastic mat that has a raised border that holds any spills. Probably available at WalMart.
Hope that helps, or at least gives you something to think about.
Good luck and enjoy the new trailer.

Jim

We have two cats and plan on using our 3055 full time for a few months this summer. I am building a new door for the cabinet door under the sink on the side by the entertainment center. I plan on putting a kitty access door in the new door to allow them access to the litter box under there. I am also partitioning that area off from the under sink side since that's where our garbage is going. So far we've just used a towel to prop the door open enough for them to get in. The food has gone under the desk. Both arrangments seem to work well.