2016 North Trail 22FBS and Covers

acsdesign

Hello all

This is the first trailer we have owned and I want to protect my investment as much as possible, so I will be asking lots of questions. Here is the 1st...

I am looking into RV covers for our Trailer. But I really have no idea what I should be looking for... Nor do I know how long it needs to be... Total length is 29.5ft.
  1. My assumption is that the length I need is the Total Length - Tongue Length?
  2. How do I account for thing like MaxAir and antenna's?
  3. Some come with Doors while others don't... Which is better?
  4. How do the different brands rank?

Ok I will stop with those for now.

And input will be greatly appreciated.

Have a great day

Last edited by a moderator:

jimtoo

Hi acsdesign,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

A lot of folks are against the covers and a lot do use them. I think alot depends on the cover and how it is installed and also the location where you store your unit, because wind can cause lots of damage to your rv when stored with a cover if not a good installation and good cover.

I'm sure you will get lots more opinions soon.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
I have witnessed first hand what those covers will do to your rig when the wind gets a hold of them. Even some of them that look tight as can be during the winter have left wear spots on the finish on a couple in the same storage yard as me. Personally I do not consider them worth the time and money. I prefer to detail mine and check on it from time to time.

Hello all

This is the first trailer we have owned and I want to protect my investment as much as possible, so I will be asking lots of questions. Here is the 1st...

I am looking into RV covers for our Trailer. But I really have no idea what I should be looking for... Nor do I know how long it needs to be... Total length is 29.5ft.
  1. My assumption is that the length I need is the Total Length - Tongue Length?
  2. How do I account for thing like MaxAir and antenna's?
  3. Some come with Doors while others don't... Which is better?
  4. How do the different brands rank?

Ok I will stop with those for now.

And input will be greatly appreciated.

Have a great day
I am considering a cover for our new camper too,and am still on the fence,so I'll be watching this thread. I don't think the tongue length is included( from the little research I've done) and the ac and vents and such are already included. Don't know about the different brands but I guess it's you get what you pay for.lol

F_Goose

We have used an ADCO cover on our previous RV and we recently bought a Classic cover for our new '15 North Trail. We feel the $300 for 2-3 year investment is worth the time and $ spent. We looked at 2-3 year old TT that have been in the elements and the damage to the finish was considerable, which is why we chose to buy new. We waxed the outside and put the cover on. It still feels liked we just waxed it month and a half later.

We have a 26LRSS with the curved front cap, which is a little over 26' box length. We first bought 27-29' length which was too long; couldn't strap it tightly. We traded it in for a 24-26' cover and it fits fine even covering the spare tire on the back bumper. The AC, antenna and vent covers are already taken into account so you don't need to measure them. Don't include the tongue or propane tanks. The zip up doors are handy, allowing you to get into the TT w/o removing the whole cover. Not sure how severe your summers & winters are so can't say what type to buy. But for us the decision to cover is a no-brainer.

Which North Trail did you get? Enjoy your new toy!

acsdesign

We have used an ADCO cover on our previous RV and we recently bought a Classic cover for our new '15 North Trail. We feel the $300 for 2-3 year investment is worth the time and $ spent. We looked at 2-3 year old TT that have been in the elements and the damage to the finish was considerable, which is why we chose to buy new. We waxed the outside and put the cover on. It still feels liked we just waxed it month and a half later.

We have a 26LRSS with the curved front cap, which is a little over 26' box length. We first bought 27-29' length which was too long; couldn't strap it tightly. We traded it in for a 24-26' cover and it fits fine even covering the spare tire on the back bumper. The AC, antenna and vent covers are already taken into account so you don't need to measure them. Don't include the tongue or propane tanks. The zip up doors are handy, allowing you to get into the TT w/o removing the whole cover. Not sure how severe your summers & winters are so can't say what type to buy. But for us the decision to cover is a no-brainer.

Which North Trail did you get? Enjoy your new toy!

Hi, sorry for the very late response. But we have a 22FBS.
Thank you for the info on the cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk