Motorcycle?

ash289

I've got a Honda VTX 1300C. It is about 650 lbs. Trouble is that it is about 8'6" long from the front tire to the tip of the rear fender. Can I get it in the 280 BH at a diagonal and close the ramp? Will the tie downs be able to secure it loaded at an angle? What will that do to my hitch weight?

M

Mcreech

This is a question, I can't answer. You have a slide room that you might hit. What I think you need to do is go to a dealer put the slide rooms in and take a tape measure. See if you can get 8'6" to clear. The Hitch weight won't be a problem.
Hope this helps

JER-1

I have a yamaha 1100 v-star it's kinda too long to fit in sideways also.I have the 280 bh but instead of putting the bike in sideways I'm gonna put it in long ways, I believe that will work, I'll tie down front to back tie downs and back to front tie downs only way I can see to get it to work.
As hitch wt. shouldn't add but about 65 pounds to hitch when I picked mind up at the dealer I took the bike there and had the ez sway hitch setup with the bike in the camper.
JER-1

ash289

So you will go up the ramp and turn left. then, square it up long ways with he camper. It could work.
How long is your bike?
Does your rear fender cover the tire or will your rear tire butt up against the foot of the bed?
I'm pretty sure I'd need to have the front of the bike at the front of the camper to secure without damaging the rear fender. However, that would put the heaviest part of the bike outside of the front storage area. Will the floor in front of the couch support 450 lbs or so?

I love to see pictures once you get it in and tied down.

Thanks for the info.
Allen H

JER-1

Next time it's in there I'll take some photos ,measure the bike etc. I'll probably put it in for Memorial day camping and haul it with us. Before I haul it to Myrtle Beach around end of month, I'll post back.
JER-1

J

joe68sg1

I have lots of questions about the 280 BH...

My dealer does not have one I can look at and check out.

I have a HD 1200C, length is 90.3" according to the specs. I have not actually measured it. Will it fit in width wise?

Is the area the bike occupies tiled, or have a protective coating to protect it from dirt, mud, and water?

Is it possible to pull the bike in, and veer left enough to have the bike & bed down at the same time? Would be a big bonus if that could be done.

How much weight would be added to the hitch with a 600lb bike in the front?

A lot more info would be nice for this model, including at least a few pix with a bike mounted for travel.

Thanx
Joe

JER-1

I have a yamaha 1100 v-star classic. In my 280bh ,it goes in side to side and a little bit angled to the front, I do that just to make sure fenders don't hit the ramp on a bumpy road and that the front tire won't bang against the camper wall. it's the same floor covering as the rest of the trailer on floor. And no you can't have the bed out and the bike in, unless you put the slide out, and put the bike up in the kitchen area and just slept in the bed, I guess so no one would steal the bike at night be a lot easier to just chain it up to the camper axle. 600 lb bike will add 60 lbs to tongue weight.
JER-1

ash289

Motorcycle

Thanks for the reply.
However, I decided to separate my motorcycle from my camping.
We just bought a Sundance 2900RK 5th wheel.
Spending the week in Pigeon Forge, TN, in it this week.
Happy RVing and Riding!

J

joe68sg1

Thanks JER-1
That is some useful info...
My dealer finally got on in so I can check it out first hand.
I really like the RV, and hope it will work for me.
I will post more after I go and check it out.
Thanks again
Joe