Pocket Door

j4key1

We have a 2008 BH 3400RL. Just arrived in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina from Port Richey Florida, approx 600 miles.
The pocket door slides on a metal track that is held up by 5 or 6 screws. I had no trouble opening the door to gain privacy, but when I tried to close the door from the bedroom side, the door would only close about 8 inches leaving about 8 inches for me to get through which is not nearly enough for me plus the fact the controls for the AC/Heater/Fantastic Fan are also located on this wall did not help. The door would not close, no matter what I tried; I was trapped in the bedroom except for the emergency window. We travel with my brother-in-law, Ken, who we called and with a flashlight could see the last two screws on the track about a foot inside the pocket had unscrewed and backed out about 3/4 inch which stopped the roller assemble from moving in either direction more than 8 inches. Ken, a full-timer, had a 16 inch straight piece of metal which he slide between the door and pocket wall and pushed the screw back into the hole far enough for me to push the door past the dropped screw and escape from my imprisonment. Honestly, it wasn't pleasant feeling somewhat trapped. I don't have the necessary skills or tools to repair this situation, in fact, how do you reach those screws so far in and how to you remove the door? Is this covered in my warranty? I purchased my BH on March 23, 07. Has this happened to anyone else? I could only imagine different scenarios if Ken was not there to assist me!
Anyone can respond to my email address: j4key1@yahoo.com Thanks for a response or input from readers.
Jerry

cjbearden

Visitor
Had a similar problem with the pocket door in our 2006 3400 RL but we were able to move the door in/out with care. DH saw screws missing or almost out and replaced what he could. RV Capital in Elkhart fixed the problem, covered under first year warranty. We understand about the difficulty of reaching these screws. DH could only get one screwed in and RVC had to finish the rest. Good luck on getting yours fixed. If you have a Camping World nearby, see if they will fix it. Have them contact Heartland, document with pictures, and get authorization to fix under warranty.