A bit of relief ???

StevieWonder

From today's newswires ...

A monthly Energy Department report said demand for finished petroleum products dropped 8.5 percent in February from January, and demand for gasoline fell by 6.2 percent. Though some of that drop can be attributed to February's being a shorter month, it still suggests high prices are cutting American's appetite for fuel.
"That's a dramatic drop," said Linda Rafield, senior oil analyst at Platts, the energy research arm of McGraw-Hill Cos.
At the same time, a British refinery strike that raised concerns about supplies ended Tuesday, and analysts surveyed by Platts expect the Energy Department's weekly inventory report on Wednesday to show domestic crude supplies rose last week. "The two combined (rising supplies and falling demand) do not bode well for $120 oil," Rafield said.

BluegrassMan

Heck, It's $4.45 in Southern PA. It takes $145 to fill my tank !!! and I'm STILL getting a crumby 11.2 mpg NOT TOWING !!!!

StevieWonder

Ouch!

FWIW, I'm getting about 18MPG in my GMC 2500HD Duramax in/around Houston (obviously NOT towing). I found driving 60MPH on the freeways vs 70MPH increased my mileage by about 10%.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Stevie, that's about the same thing I've found . By keeping my engine RPM's below 2000 I get my best mileage.

The highest price I've had to pay was $4.19 per gallon but I've seen it as high as $4.35 around town.

Fordsd250

Fuel for thought

:rolleyes:I live near Searcy, Ar, and drove to Little Rock Air force Base today and notice diesel in Cabot was 3.99. In Searcy its 4.19 just 20 miles away.