Any info on 2009 Sundance XLT?

Greselda

We are brand new to this forum, so please bear with us;) We have just purchased a brand new Sundance ultra lite (xlt) 265RK, and wondered if anyone had any on the road information on these new cuties?

Thank you....:)

Greselda

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Welcome to the Heartland family and congratualtions on your new Sundance. While I can't help you with your question I do hope you get all the info you need here and wish you well and happy camping

Mark

Denis

Xlt

We get ours Sunday! (The 287RL) I hope the 1-15,000 BTU A/C will keep it cool in Florida. Does anyone know what is the minimum Kw Genset it will take to run just the A/C?

fishn2dmax

I run my 15K A/C with two Honda 2000i's in Parallel. The start-up current is the challenge for any gen set! Based on my calculations, It looks like it will take 3000 watts minimum to get a 15K unit started, once the A/C compressor is running, the demand drops down to around 2000 watts.

I do know that 4000 watts handles my Sundance 15 A/C , TV and microwave at the same time. Something else to consider when buying a Gen set is operating altitude. If you plan to travel to higher altitudes ( rockies) the Generators output will drop significantly due to the thinner air. Rule of thumb is buy a generator capable of 25% more than maximum demand of A/C unit. 3500 watts generator is the minimum I would buy, but then again, we live and camp at high altitude.

Denis

Thank you fish2dmax. I just bought 2-2000i's also. I'm thinking of taking them back for the 3000i. I'll find out tomorrow how well 1-2000i will do in the "Low" country. If it struggles to start the A/C, but gets it going here, I will get the 3000i.
Thanks again,
Denis

DennisZ

I have the 3000i, I got it only because the price was right. If I were to do it from the start again, I would get the 2 2000i units. Yhe 3000i is HEAVY with fuel it's over 150 lbs, and not nearly as portable as the 2000i. The 3000i runs the 15K A/C unit with no problem.

Dennis

fishn2dmax

Whooo don't take those 2000's back!!! I started with a 3000i and like the others have indicated, the 3000i is a Monster- Heavy!!! It also would not start a 15K A/C unit if above 2000' in altitude. I LOVE my 2-2000i Honda's!!! Easy to move, easy on the fuel and you always have a extra back-up. We only use one for running the TV and "fan" at night. It's so quiet that no one in the campground can even hear it run at night. Hang on to those 2000's, you'll regret taking them back !!!!

Denis

New XLT

I agree, keep the 2000i's. We just received our new 2009 XLT-287RL and find it to be perfect for us. My first trial was to hook up to the 2- 2000i's and run the A/C (15000BTU) and it worked in Florida 90 degree heat. In Fact, it brought the inside down to 74 degrees pretty fast. I think the XLT's new insulation works well and we were worried that we may have to add another A/C in the master.

Our only disapointment so far is finding the China "Mission" tires on the rig. (My salesman had assured me that Heartland had changed over to Goodyear's). Yeah, right.

Denis

mike3fan

Our only disapointment so far is finding the China "Mission" tires on the rig. (My salesman had assured me that Heartland had changed over to Goodyear's). Yeah, right.

Denis

I just bought a new 2008 Sundance 3200ES and it came with Goodyears.

Greselda

Hi All!

We are the proud owners of a new 265rk and we love it!! We live in the Rockies and although we have only had to use the 15K AC only once so far, it looks like the thin air up here did not have any negative effects.....it cooled everything down quickly.

We love our rear kitchen model and my DH loves the way this ultra lite tows!!

We have not yet purchased a generator because we have been using parks with full hookups, but my DH says when we do it will either be a Honda or a Yamaha.

What is everyone using for a tow vehicle for these new ultra lites?

We have a Ford :eek:(no negative comments from Dodge, GMC and Chevy now.....:p ) V10; 4x4; crew cab Lariat; with a B&W hitch and a bedsaver and it tows our "Sundance Kid" like a dream!

Loving the adventures.....

Rick and Janine

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
What is everyone using for a tow vehicle for these new ultra lites?

We have a Ford :eek:(no negative comments from Dodge, GMC and Chevy now.....:p ) V10; 4x4; crew cab Lariat; with a B&W hitch and a bedsaver and it tows our "Sundance Kid" like a dream!

I see the ultralites pulled behind just about everything.... Minivans, cars, small pickups, big pickups, medium duty trucks, pick one.

No problem owning a Ford, have owned 6 Ford trucks myself over the last 22 years, last 3 being diesel duallies and each newer truck got significantly worse (3 - 4 mpg) fuel economy than the last on which is why I changed to this little 6 banger.

One thing thoughNone.......

"Real Trucks Don't Have Spark Plugs":p:D

Jim/rsvl/AR

We have a Sundance XLT 245RL and are well pleased. It is 5 ft. shorter and 3000 lbs. less than our previous 5th wheel. We purchased it in mid June and have traveled from Arkansas to MN, WI, upper MI, and back to AR and it really pulls nicely. We have been in 95 degree weather and the A/C will cool to lower 70's at the 90+ temps.