Bring Back Bighorn Bunkhouse Floorplans

L

LoverMusic2416

My husband and I currently own a 2011 Bighorn 3800BH which includes 1.5 bath, bunk house sleeps four, and air mattress sofa bed in living room. Booth dinette sleeps one person but only used once. We are starting to search for a replacement FW; planning to purchase in the next year or two.

We are very disappointed the Bighorn doesn't currently have any bunk house plans. We like the amenities of the Bighorn even though we mostly camp long weekends and some longer trips, though planning to retire in 1.5 years when we expect to do extended stay trips.

We need a floorplan to accommodate 8-9 people as the majority of our trips include our 2 daughters, 1 son-in-law, and 4 grandkids. We do not like the idea of downgrading to a Gateway or Oakmont model just to get a bunk house floorplan. Family is important to us. Our next FW needs to accommodate our camping in retirement years whether my husband and I are traveling by ourselves or traveling with our children and grandchildren.

Heartland, please bring back at least two Bighorn floorplans with a bunk house. Here are my bunk house ideas. What are you ideas for a Bighorn bunk house?

Attachments

• Bighorn BH Option 1 from LoverMusic2416.jpg
    Bighorn BH Option 1 from LoverMusic2416.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 72
  • Bighorn BH Regarding Option 1 from LoverMusic2416.jpg
    Bighorn BH Regarding Option 1 from LoverMusic2416.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 56
  • Bighorn BH Option 2 from LoverMusic2416.jpg
    Bighorn BH Option 2 from LoverMusic2416.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 58

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I agree, the 3800 was an interesting floor plan. Unfortunately I believe it was discontinued after only one year. Trace

jbeletti

I spoke to Coley Brady, our VP of Sales and asked him what product he would suggest. Here's his reply:

I would suggest the Gateway 3650 or the Oakmont 390MLB – both great floorplans!

L

LoverMusic2416

The Bighorn 3800BH has served our family well but it's time to move on to a different floorplan, one that can accommodate some overnight guests yet still provides additional living space when my husband and I are camping alone. Thanks for your reply.

L

LoverMusic2416

The Gateway 3650 is a similar floorplan to our current unit, the 2011 Bighorn 3800BH. The Oakmont 390 with the bunk house in the center of the unit is a great floorplan which my husband really liked and I could learn to love. However, upon reviewing the specifications, the insulation in the Oakmont is less than what is in the Bighorn and the Gateway. Since we plan to travel at least three seasons a year, a unit with better insulation is preferred. As a current Bighorn owner, having a bunk house floorplan in a new Bighorn is our first choice. Thank you for your reply.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
I feel your pain. We are looking to upgrade to a fifth wheel but all the floor plans are the same across the models. What makes it even worse is that the kitchens are so small counter space wise once you do look at a bunk house. It would be nice to have a few more choices rather than have to look at sob for what we need.

L

LoverMusic2416

You are correct, most of the FW bunk house plans are very similar. Typically, living room seating and kitchen space is reduced to make room for the bunk house. Our Bighorn floorplan has an island in the kitchen area which is where I do most of my food preparation.

My husband and I intend to purchase a new FW with some type of BH in the next 1-2 years. If Heartland does not offer a BH floorplan in the Bighorn model then we'll probably look for SOB. Thanks for reply.